“Excellent Food, Great Atmosphere”
Review of Schodack Diner

Schodack Diner
Cuisines: American, Diner, Greek
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Family run restaurant featuring American Diner classics and authentic Greek specialties.
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“Excellent Food, Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

We stopped by the diner last Saturday, while on vacation. My husband drives by the diner on his daily commute and he wanted to try the place out. He got the Greek Salad and I got the chicken parm. That was the best Greek salad he ever had and as for my chicken parm, wow, not only was it terrfic, but the portion was large enough for me to take leftovers home. We will be back!!!

• Visited January 2012

Castleton On Hudson, New York
“We Always Enjoy Schodack Diner”
Reviewed September 28, 2011

It was fun to watch this new place being brought in to replace an old well used building a couple years ago. It looks like a new old fashioned diner.

A retired colleague and I regularly look forward to a breakfast/brunch gab session at Schodack Diner. We appreciate the food, the attentive waitresses, the clean dining room and shining bathroom. My favorite is the Greek omlet and great rye toast. Though we do stay quite a while talking, the waitress always keeps our coffee and water filled.
We have been tempted by the dessert display and remarked on them as we were leaving today. Each is individually covered so the flavors don't mix - we were told that they make each dessert right ther. Next time we might have to have cake or pie after breakfast!

Our favorite visit was last December when we sat by one of the big windows as it was snowing outdoors. It added to our pleasant time.

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank 1751patience
“Was not happy with our visit.”
Reviewed June 11, 2011

The owner was curt when asked a question about if real butter was used. They used way to much salt. The bread selections were poor it was like supermarket bread. We will not go back.

3 Thank foodman60
GS80, Manager at Schodack Diner, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Dear Foodman60,

I am surprised to hear you did not like our bread because we get positive feedback almost daily about all of our breads including our sandwich bread, toast, french toast, etc. and our dinner rolls are a hit. I am not sure what bread tasting like "supermarket bread" means exactly. We do use "real" butter and unlike many/most restaurants all of our meals including our soups are made fresh and don't come frozen in a bag with added salt/preservatives. I apologize if you had something that you thought to be too salty but generally we add little salt in order to allow our customers to do so to their liking. I appreciate your visit and hope you try us again. Thanks.
Schodack, NY
“Awesome Atmosphere, Excellent FOod”
Reviewed May 31, 2011

We were referred to the Diner by our hote and we're very please with the food and service. My husband and I got the roast chicken and our children got the kids meals. Everything was great and on our next trip, we're certain to mcome back to this place!!!

• Visited May 2011
4 Thank Dana225
New York
“Poor service/ Marginal food”
Reviewed May 2, 2011

I have given this diner three separate attempts to redeem themselves. Each time, the service has been terrible and the food only marginal. Today was the third and last time which is a shame since the owner is a nice old man who opened this business just a couple of years ago. My corned beef hash omelet showed up first as a corned beef omelet; and after the waitress disputed what I had ordered she begrudgingly brought me a mystery omelet that I could not eat. Terrible.

• Visited April 2011
2 Thank D_Luv2Travel
GS80, Manager at Schodack Diner, responded to this review, May 3, 2011
Ms. P, I am a manager at the Schodack Diner and I was standing at the cash register/front bar near where you were seated and clearly heard your order being taken as did at least 2 other people who can vouch for the following. When you ordered a corned beef omelet, our waitress, thinking you had an unusual order and wanting to prevent any miscommunication asked, "Are you sure you want a corned beef omelet and not a corned beef hash omelet?" and you replied that a corned beef omelet is what you wanted. After your order arrived, you changed your order to a corned beef hash omelet. (You were not charged for the first omelet). A minute before your second order came out, you changed your mind again and said you didn't want your second order either but by then it had already been prepared and you were charged. You were not charged for the first omelet and were charged for the second and considering the circumstances I think this is more than fair as there was nothing wrong with either item and any miscommunication or misunderstanding was on your part. Making a personal attack on our food by calling it a "mystery omelet" and service by calling it terrible is completely uncalled for when that's not the case at all. Our corned beef hash is a finely chopped mixture of potatoes, onion, corned beef and spices. Many people order it every time they stop in and love it. Where's the mystery in that?? Since day 1 we have been committed to providing prompt friendly service and a large variety of great homemade food at affordable prices. It's unfortunate that certain people find it necessary to post biased or erroneous reviews that are anything but accurate or truthful.