“Good food, great location”
Review of Glen Iris Inn

Glen Iris Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Castile
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The Glen Iris Inn is a local landmark in the area. The menu has a wide selection, and the food is very good, and service is quite good. As with some older restaurants, the décor is a little dated. However, the view is incomparable. If you get into this area of NY state, I highly recommend a visit.

There are newer reviews for Glen Iris Inn

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I'm not really sure how to rate this place as its an inn, restaurant, wedding venue, gift shop and ore. All i did was drink a cup of tea whilst enjoying their terrace.

I was surprised that what had been described as a fine dining restaurant had only a choice of green tea, orange pekoe or herbal... Not a single plain black tea. That said, our server was chatty, helpful and welcoming. The reception staff rather less welcoming.

There was a wedding in the grounds, I can see the attraction but found the noise from the disco out of place and irritating in such a beautiful setting.

I wonder how good the food is? I expect it will be at least ok. Prices seem a little steep but they do refund your entry fee. I will certainly be eating here on my next visit.

I can imagine a weekend break here would be very peasant indeed.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Wonderful property and gorgeous view. My husband and I stayed at the Glen Iris Inn on their Summer Package which is excellent value for the money. For $230 (taxes & tips included) we received 1 nights accommodation (the room was tiny) a 4 course dinner (the service and food were impeccable) and full breakfast the following morning (huge portions you won't need lunch). Highly recommend a visit to this beautiful property and excellent restaurant.

1  Thank PackedandReady52
Reviewed September 21, 2013

The food and service at the Glen Iris in is good, but the real reason to visit is the scenery outside. The front door of the restaurant leads to a gorgeous view with a short walk. We plant to return to see the fall leaves.

1  Thank Jonathan L
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The Glen Iris Inn is a great finish to a beautiful day in the park. The $8 park entrance fee is given back when you eat at the Inn as an added bonus. Located in the mansion overlooking the waterfalls, charm abounds. The service was impeccable. My wife ordered the warm Brie appetizer and I ordered the cod dinner with hand cut French fries. We were both extremely happy. The cod was 13.95 and the brie was 11.50. There is a nice selection of wine for $7-$8 per glass.