Review Highlights
Beautiful State Park

We camped here for 3 nights just before the long weekend in May. We were in the 600 loop where the... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Jacquelynne M
Windsor, Canada
This is a 6!!!!

One of the most beautiful and inspiring places on earth. It is smaller than Niagara but grander in... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
DowneastCornhusker
Nebraska

1,364 results
All reviews grand canyon lower falls hiking trails glen iris inn middle falls western new york mount morris nature center great hiking white water rafting railroad bridge fall foliage natural beauty the loop genesee river beautiful scenery ny state
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Walking trails, railroad bridge, 3 big falls, canyons, history, restaurant are highlights of this park. My 2 teenagers and I enjoyed the hiking trails. It felt more natural, peaceful and less commercialized than Niagara Falls( which we also enjoyed). This park would be great for people of all ages and abilities. Two of the falls are easily viewed from a short walk from the same parking lot. You can park about 15 ft from falls views. Youngsters will enjoy the hiking and views (the very young should be supervised to stay on the trails) and the elderly will enjoy the ride and lovely canyon views. We went in mid October and the leaves were just beginning to change. This place would be ideal at leaf color peak in the fall.

Reviewed November 6, 2018

I can't believe I hadn't been there until 2016, we took a day trip there - WOW, it was marvelous. Since then we have held my daughter's birthday party and my son's wedding there - both at the Glen Iris Inn. Magical!

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed November 2, 2018

This place is beautiful. Not only is it the Grand Canyon of the East but it also is like a mini Niagara Falls! My husband & I absolutely loved it here. Nice hiking trails, museum/visitor's center, gift shops, snack bars, Nature Shop, Visitor and more! The scenery is breathtaking! We will be back!!!

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed October 28, 2018

We drove the length of the park and enjoyed the views and pleasant, rolling, curvy drive BEFORE we got to the falls. They’re the big attraction and that’s where the crowds were, near the Portageville entrance. There’s a statue before you reach the falls that commemorates the 3,000 CCC workers who helped build it; they deserve our thanks. We noticed a sign saying it was voted the #1 state park in the nation. With its striking natural features and good park maintenance, it probably deserves the ranking.

Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

This park is stunning and the best time to visit is in the fall. If you like exploring and photography this is a great place to hike and grab some stunning photos. This park is very big so you must come with a vehicle. We travelled from the Canadian side to here, about two hours - it was worth it. I’m glad we found this online as I never heard of this park before. Such wonder and beauty!