“Pricey for Pizza”

Stefano's Pizzeria & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Carthage
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The ratio for price to delicious pizza is a little off with this place. The pizza is a 7 out of a 10 but the price is a 12 out of a 10. I would enjoy the pizza much more if the cost were a bit better. Have it delivered around the corner and you will PAY!

The ambiance is great in the restaurant itself. Kudos on that. Its hard to find a good setting in a small town like this.

I enjoy Italian food a lot, with eggplant parm being a favorite. I am disappointed because it is very greasy. I choose to eat healthier and choosing eggplant I am thinking that I am doing good. The oil saturation negates the good choice!

The lasagna is tasty and I like the antipasto salad as well.

My suggestion would be to get real on the pizza prices, and you will earn our regular friday night business back. We are going with take and bake for now.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Great pizza, the worlds best garlic knots, and always friendly staff. This is a quick, reliably delicious spot for dinner or lunch! (the only reason i didn't give an 'excellent' rating is because in the summer, if you sit outside, you can't have wine or beer. I'm not sure if this is city ordinance or stefano's policy it's an enclosed, fenced in seating area))

Reviewed September 26, 2012

This place was ok. Nothing great and nothing terrible. Some of our food was delicous and some just awful.
The pizza was very good if you like semi-thick crust. Lots of cheese and just the right amount of sauce.
The small antipasto ($5.50) was ok. Lots of iceberg lettuce, a few olives, some salami and pepperoni with a slice of ham on top. My husband had the gnocci ($9.75) which he said were ok but he really liked the sauce and meatballs ($1.50 each). The bruschetta ($5.95) was awful. The bread was soggy.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

This place has good food and better service. The price was right. It was Friday night and it seemed like the whole town was there. Very loud! Great bread and the sauce was homemade. The lasagna was very good. Everything was served hot with a real samll town America feel. We would go again just a different night.

Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Great Italian food. Spaghetti was delicious. Haddock and fries average. Large portions. Had to purchase garlic bread separate from spaghetti. Service and the Italy atmosphere were great. Best dining place to eat at when in Carthage.