“Great place to rest your head.”

Pleasant Night Inn - Fort Drum
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Carthage
GreenLeadersGold level
North Haven, Connecticut
“Great place to rest your head.”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

My fiance' and I were meeting friends near Carthage and I had no idea where to stay. I searched the internet and heard great reviews about this facility. When arriving at the Pleasant Night Inn I was impressed with the service and the cleanliness of the facility. I spoke to Keni when I first inquired about the hotel and he was welcoming and even checked in with me upon arrival to see if there was anything else he could do for an even better stay. It's not often you find great service like this these days. If you're in the area and need a place to lay your head, this will be a pleasant experience : )

Room Tip: Ask for Keni. He made our stay feel so welcome.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Keni P, Owner at Pleasant Night Inn - Fort Drum, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Matthew it was great having you spend a few nights with us!! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future! Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if I am able to assist you any further!

Keni

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Ottawa
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I've been up and down the eastern seaboard and stayed in many hotels throughout the years between home (Ottawa, ON) and Key West, FL. This is the best hotel we've ever stayed in. The entire place is so clean, it looks like it just opened. Service is excellent. Rooms are in terrific shape. Heating worked great. Can't comment on the A/C but, since it's the same unit, can assume it must work great too. Most comfortable beds ever. Both myself and my daughter can be categorized as "long sleepers", but we were up early and refreshed. Surprised to even see Canadian TV channels available. We lucked into this one since we decided at the last minute to try to take in Black Friday in Watertown and pretty much every room was taken anywhere. Next time we stay in the area, even though places like the Econo Lodge light be less expensive right in Watertown, we'll be staying here - much more value for the $. The only thing I found disappointing was the $25 charge for a pet when there was no mention of that anywhere online.

Green Features: Excellent water conservation. The toilets are dual flush type - press one button for liquid waste and the other for solid waste.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Keni P, Owner at Pleasant Night Inn - Fort Drum, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Good Afternoon, thank you for your feedback and comments!! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and apologize for the lack of communications or material posted in regards to our Pet Policy. We are flexible with the policy if you stay long-term. I will be happy to accommodate you during your next visit, just reach out to me directly at the property. We are happy we were able to meet your expectations and hope to exceed them on your future stay (hopefully before next years black Friday sale) Thank You again!

New York City, New York
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Would definitely recommend this hotel to any and all. With over 16 years in the military, which required many travels on official business of me, I can say that I've experienced my fair share of hotel stays. Everywhere from the west coast of California, the Midwestern states of the U.S., to the Southern States, and even all throughout Europe. Now I find myself in transition relocating my family to the northern part of the country. I expected a quick home search and thought to be able to find a place to call home within the ten days the military allows. Unbeknownst to me, we found the housing search to be more of a challenging task and quickly learned that ten days would certainly not be enough. At least from our perspective of the world.

We quickly had to find an affordable, pet friendly, hotel that was safe, clean, and could house us for 30- 60 days. Luckily we came across this great place that was able to house us for an extended period of time without busting the bank.

The room was very clean, facilities were surely adequate, shopping and restaurants were very close by, and the owners were very much like their hotel's moniker "Pleasant". We stayed here for 30 days, which apparently is not unusual for newly assigned military families to Fort Drum, at a rate that was certainly sustainable and that would still allow us to have the comfort, cleanliness, and safety my family required.

Bottom line is that this hotel is more than highly recommended to others by me. In fact, as a senior military member, I'd recommend this hotel to every young, or seasoned, military family whom may have to undergo the arduous task of relocating to Fort Drum with no idea of what to expect.

The fact that they allowed an extended stay at reasonable rate eased most, if not all, of the anxiety that new home searches bring.

Staff is pretty great! Best bang for your buck. A definite good pick. You will not be disappointed

Room Tip: Take advantage of the mini fridge and microwave in the room to save even more money. Supermarket aro...
Green Features: There's always a pleasant smell when walking through the hallways. Washer and dryers were sufficient and affordable at a dollar each.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Joaquin R
I would like to first begin by saying, Thank YOU and your family for your service and dedication to this country, without you we would not even have the opportunity to succeed. My wife and I truly appreciate your feedback and encourage any and all Military personele seeking housing, temporary or long-term not to hesitate to contact us directly. We are happy that we were able to meet your expectations during your stay and hope that we will see you and your family again sometime soon!! Thank you

Oriskany, New York
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Great little hotel in the middle of nowhere. Room was very reasonable in price and had every ameninity you could imagine in the room. Very clean and close to all the action in Carthage. My only complaint was noise. For some reason I could hear an alarmclock from someone elses room at 5:30 AM - But I bet everyone on my floor heard it too.

Green Features: They had water saver toilets and offered enviro frendly towel servie.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your feedback!! We try and get to every room after checkout to turn off any alarm's left from previous guests and apologize for the inconvenience you had during your stay. I assure you we will be more diligent in noticing non-silenced alarms for any future stays! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will return soon. Thank You again

Newmarket,Ontario
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

We checked into this hotel Saturday night. Amazing hotel very clean. Rooms were very clean and they beds were very comfy. Breakfast was included.
Twinkle the owner is a very friendly young lady.
We would certainly stay here again

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Barbara31448
Good Afternoon, we truly appreciate your feedback and positive comments regarding the hotel! Twinkle and I both cannot wait for your return as we have upgraded a few items within the hotel itself and the guest rooms! We look forward to your return and again safe and happy travels!

Carleton Place, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Thank you for a most "Pleasant Night" sleep! What a wonderful clean and friendly hotel. The staff was friendly, the rooms clean and neat, the breakfast was delicious, the coffee maker was a keuig the rooms were quite.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Keni P, Owner at Pleasant Night Inn - Fort Drum, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
You're Welcome!!! Thank you for choosing our establishment for your stay, we hope to see you soon again!! Keep in touch!
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were directed to this location when our first choice Best Western Watertown/Fort Drum let us down (see their review). The friendly staff at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & suites Watertown/Thousand Islands highly recommended this Inn when it was apparent there was no longer any rooms available within Watertown. The front desk attendant was expecting us, and check in was fast and courteous. The room was appropriately priced very clean with no odour of smoke nor animals. Our party decided to move to the breakfast area for a few rounds of cards before retiring. The breakfast room was spacious and very clean. Later on that night we met the Inn's owners. A young and very approachable couple. We spoke with them for several minutes, and we got the feeling this couple not only enjoyed owning the Inn, they seemed excited when they meet their customers (sincerely happy). I strongly recommend staying here if you are passing through the region or are planning on staying in Carthage for a few nights. Watch out for the deer while driving there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate the great review!! Thank you for choosing to stay with us (even though it wasn't your first choice :) we enjoyed having your group, Matthew was delighted to offer you the breakfast room to relax in, we hope that you can join us again soon or next year when coming through the area as we added an outdoor firepit and BBQ grill!!! It was great to meet you and your family and we hope to see you again soon!!

Keni
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carthage
Days Inn Evans Mills/Fort Drum
Hilton Garden Inn Watertown/Thousand Islands
Hampton Inn Watertown
Hampton Inn Watertown
#2 of 14 in Watertown

Been to Pleasant Night Inn - Fort Drum? Share your experiences!