“Excellent Little Gem of a Place!”
Review of Northern Smoke

Northern Smoke
Ranked #2 of 58 Restaurants in Carmel
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Mount Kisco, New York
“Excellent Little Gem of a Place!”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

My husband and I have driven by Northern Smoke a few times, not giving it much thought. It's a small place and I honestly had mistaken it for a tobacco shop. While driving past it today, my husband noticed that it was a BBQ place so we figured we'd give it a go, as we are always in search of good BBQ. Adorable place with a very decent menu. Owner and staff were absolutely awesome!!! I had questions about gluten and, not only were they accommodating, but were more than happy to explain what was in everything. They really went out of their way to ensure I would be safe with what I ordered. I ended up ordering the brisket and a side of roasted Brussel sprouts with house smoked bacon and caramelized onions. My husband ordered the pulled pork sandwich and mac n cheese. The portions were perfect and the food was fantastic!!! Brisket and pulled pork were tender, juicy, and the perfect amount of smoke. Sprouts were delicious and mac and cheese was creamy and very good. And, a big plus were their homemade sauces. Food was so good that we ended up ordering dinner to bring home to our boys. Between the food and the service, we will definitely be making Northern Smoke a regular stop.

• Visited March 2014

river vale, nj
“Amazing BBQ”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I loved my meal -- it's very hard to find good, spicy BBQ in the northeast, but Northern Smoke made me happy. I left full and very satisfied. The portions were "BBQ large". The sides were excellent. Loved the sauces on the table - I tried them all and loved them all.

• Visited January 2014
“Eh it was ok..”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Today for lunch my boyfriend and I decided to try out this new place. We looked over the menu, and as we did the girl Jennifer I believe her name was, told us that if the Meat Sample for One was plenty for two people. It was $21.95 came with your choice of three meats we went with pulled pork, pulled chicken and brisket. Two sides, garlic mashed potatoes and mac and cheese. I'm not a pork fan, my boyfriend said it was ok extremely dry though. The pulled chicken was really good. We got the sauce on the side because they have sauces on the table. But, the chicken didn't even need any sauce it was tasty and smokey. Again a little dry. The brisket was eh. It tasted fine, but dry dry dry dry dry. We were sharing I went to pick it up with my fork and it just fell apart it was that dry. And I wish it wasn't because if it wasn't for the dryness it was flavorful. The mac and cheese wasn't anything to brag about but, it wasn't horrible. Just kind of mac and cheese. The garlic mashed potatoes were inedible. Whoever made them added way way way wayyyyy too much salt and no garlic at all, I wouldn't call them garlic mashed potatoes. I had to ask the girl to bring them back, and instead asked for a new side, baked beans. They missed the mark on this one. Baked beans at a BBQ place are supposed to be amazing instead I would have preferred Bush's out of a can.

• Visited December 2013
New York
“I hope they make it”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I didn't want to give three stars (average), but is it Very Good (four stars)? Probably 3.5....The BBQ is good, and the Northern Dogs are also tasty. I had the brisket reuben which was decent, but a bit too fatty. You need some fat for flavor, but this was a bit much. The Mac & Cheese, which I always use as a BBQ benchmark, was passable; nothing to brag about. The service was pleasant and the decor was simple and comfortable. My kids and I were the only people in the place, with two other customers coming in for take out while we table dined. It was prime dinner time and if this is any indication they have a looong road ahead of them. I've lived in the area for 10 years and not a single concept had made it at this location. It's too bad; some of them, including Northern Smoke, were worth it. The volume of food was very good for the price. We ate pretty heartily and were able to take a good bit home.

• Visited December 2013