“STAY AWAY!!!! BED BUGS!!! BED BUGS!!! BED BUGS!!!”

Holiday Inn Westbury
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Carle Place
Out of Towner
“STAY AWAY!!!! BED BUGS!!! BED BUGS!!! BED BUGS!!!”
Reviewed July 6, 2010

NO!! NO!! NO!! STAY AWAY!!! THIS PLACE HAS BED BUGS!!!! We were attending a graduation and were coming from out of state. As I was about to get into bed, I pulled down the bed covers and TWO LARGE BED BUGS were running across the bed!!! I immediately contacted the front desk and got no answer. I tried back again a few minutes later and again got no answer. We got our luggage and checked out and asked for a full refund. Was told by the Front Desk that they could not issue refunds and that I had to contact the Front Office Supervisor the next morning at 7:00 a.m. I called at 7:05 and was told she was not in. I called back again at approximately 7:15 a.m. and was told she was still not in. I called back yet again at approximately 7:25 a.m. and finally was able to reach her - AFTER being on hold for almost 10 minutes. The Front Desk Supervisor was rude and couldn't care any less. She claimed that she couldn't give me a refund and that I had to speak with the General Manager. I left a voice mail for the GM. She called back the same day. From the time the GM opened her mouth she was RUDE, ABRUPT, NASTY, AND HORRIBLY UNPROFESSIONAL!!! I couldn't believe it!!! She purposely and aggressively talked over me and WOULD NOT let me get in a word edge wise. After I told her that I had in person eye witnesses seeing the live bed bugs running across the bed AND photo documentation - then and only then did she shut up –for a split second. I offered to send her the photo documentation and she refused. Flat out said, “No, I don’t want it!”

I will check my credit card to see if the credit went through. In the meantime, I reported this location to the NY Board of Health. I WOULDN’T STAY AT THIS LOCATION IF IT WAS THE LAST PLACE ON EARTH!!!!!!!!!!!

We typically stay at the Hilton in Westbury and their service and personnel are superior. We didn’t stay at the Hilton during our June trip b/c they were sold out.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
6 Thank KitOutofTowner
lauriennewyork, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this review, July 14, 2010
Comments such as these are taken very seriously by management at the Holiday Inn. After hearing of your concerns, we completed a thorough inspection of the guestroom along with the assistance of a licensed exterminator who specializes in this area. Neither inspection has produced any findings of any insects. Because bed bugs are a worldwide growing epidemic that we should all be concerned with, we take the proper precautions on a daily basis to ensure that we do not ever experience this problem. We have conducted numerous trainings and have made sure that our staff is properly and thoroughly trained on this serious topic. The staff at the Holiday Inn Westbury takes great pride in exceeding guest’s expectations. We have not received any other guest complaints on this topic and the Board of Health was satisfied with our documentation of inspections and preventative measures. We in fact, issued this guest a full refund as a goodwill gesture. -Martha Parra, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
MA
Reviewed June 24, 2010

I have not stayed in a Holiday Inn in a long time, so I do not know what the standard is for these hotels. This Holiday Inn was better than I expected it to be. Very clean, flat screen TV, and an outdoor pool.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
New York, New York
Reviewed June 16, 2009

When I first booked this hotel I was a bit nervous because it was a Holiday Inn and I have had some bad experiences in the past with this chain. I was attending a wedding next door at the Chateau Briand and there was a block of rooms at this hotel so I went for it. What a pleasent surprise when I arrived to the hotel! The front desk was so friendly and accommodating. They have a restaurant and bar located right off the lobby and there is a complimentary continental breakfast served each morning. The free breakfast consisted of bagels, muffins, fruit, and cereal. I would have loved to have some free hot food, but then I guess it wouldn't be called a continental breakfast. Our room was a standard size and very clean. The bed was made up with white linens which I loved! You really never know how often hotels clean their comforters and we were very satisfied with knowing that our bed was clean and fresh! Upon check out, the staff asked us how we liked the newly renovated rooms and we were just so pleased that they even asked us. It really genuinely made me feel like they cared about our stay. All in all, our stay was great! The only complaint that I have is that there were no in room safes. We had to go to the front desk (where they kept their safes) every time we needed to get our valuables. Not a big deal, but it kept me from rating the hotel a perfect score.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Catskill, New York
Reviewed May 31, 2009

The entire staff at the Inn was so wonderfully kind, thoughtful, friendly and helpful. It was like being at home with friends. The bed and pillows were remarkably comfortable and sparkling white. The bathroom was very clean. The room was your basic room, but in good condition. The room service breakfast was hot and on time. The lounge/bar a delightful place after a day of shopping. Landscaping well manicured and kept clean. We attended a wedding at Chateau Briand next store and walked back from the reception.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
of the northwest hills
Reviewed October 23, 2008

The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, as were the cleaning, bar and breakfast staffs. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The location is close to shopping and restaurants. There is wireless internet and I could read my emails, but it wouldn't allow me to send responses. Other than that, it was a great stay and we would stay there again.

• Liked — Cleanliness!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cocoa, Florida
Reviewed October 21, 2008

Okay for the area I suppose. Close to shopping and restaurants .

The Wifi is terrible so if you stay for business forget getting your VPN to work, awful internet!

Do not get a room in the first floor, especially close to reception! They have allot of weddings stay there and one night the noise never stopped all night long! I complained and got a 50% discount.

Try to stay on the second floor on the coutyard side facing the pool.

This is hotel is just so so!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Internet was awful! Noisy!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Massachusetts
Reviewed August 11, 2008

We were going to an out of town wedding reception that was being held right next door to this hotel. Finding the hotel was a little tricky because Old Country Road doesn't have it's address numbers in order, so we ended up riding up and down the road twice before we located the hotel. We also received a little discount because we booked from the block of rooms set aside for the wedding guests. Being a Priority Club Member, we received a coupon for a free drink and 20% off their breakfast. Front desk personal were friendly upon check in and we received the room we requested. Clean room, comfortable bed with plenty of extra pillows. Typical bath amenities, a coffee maker but the refrigerator was missing. I called the front desk and they said they would deliver one. It was there within minutes. The one problem we encountered was no in room safe. Another call to the front desk and they said we could use the one downstairs. When we went down later to make use of the safe we were told there wasn't one availiable. I stated that we were staying for a reception and I wasn't about to carry extra money and credit cards to that. The clerk went out back and returned, suddenly finding an empty one. When I commented on the lack of in room safes in this day and age, one of the workers said it was because it was an older hotel. But really, what does it take to bolt a safe to the floor or wall in the room somewhere? They had a nice lobby bar and a small breakfast area. The bar also served snacks and sandwiches. I didn't go to their breakfast the next day, but my husband did. He said they didn't take his coupon for the 20% off so I thought he just got the continental breakfast, but he said it was a full breakfast. It might have had something to do with being there for a wedding, but whatever, I thought it was a very nice gesture not to charge anything. We also didn't make use of the pool, but it looked very clean and was a pretty good size with plenty of lounge chairs on the deck surrounding it. All in all I thought it was a very decent hotel, but they should really look into getting room safes.

• Liked — convenience for the wedding reception next door
  • Disliked — no in room safe
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
Long Island Marriott
Long Island Marriott
#1 of 1 in Uniondale
SpringHill Suites Carle Place Garden City

Been to Holiday Inn Westbury? Share your experiences!