“Good Value Older Motel”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Carle Place
California Desert, California
“Good Value Older Motel”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

This is an older, but well-mainained motel. I spent two nights there recently and was pleased with the cleanliness and staff. The newly remodeled, sports-themed restaurant was excellent for breakfast and lunch, and has a large array of large-screen TVs.

In the warmer weather, the surrounded central courtyard is wonderful, with a large pool and plenty of space.

Given the prices of other locations, this Holiday Inn offers some real savings.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Angela B, Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for your recent review and feedback. We appreciate your input and care about your experience.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the Hotel to be clean, comfortable and convenient. We're also pleased to read that you enjoyed the Sporting News Grill and our outdoor courtyard and pool area.

Although the Holiday Inn Westbury in an older building, we continue to invest resources back into the Hotel so that we may continue to meet and exceed our guests' expectations, while providing additional services and amenities.

Thank you again for your time and consideration. We look forward to again being your host hotel on Long Island upon your return.

Kelliann
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Istanbul / Turkey
Reviewed June 2, 2014

The location of the hotel is more than excellent if you're looking for some shopping, dining or you want to be close to the JFK airport. Nearly every chain restaurant such as Cheesecake Factory, Olive Garden, Denny's, IHOP is very close, in walking distance. Some factory stores, supermarkets everything you can imagine are at max. 3 min distance. It takes 30 min to reach to the airport.
The hotel itself is a bit dated, looks like a motel, with aged carpets in the hallway and old, dusty curtains in the room. It seriously need a renovation. But to be honest the sheets and the bathroom were pretty clean and we did not have any problem with hygiene issues in general.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Kelliann H, Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Cerise77,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a detailed review. I am very glad to hear that you were able to enjoy how centrally located we are to shopping and restaurants in the area as well as the cleanliness in our rooms. I apologize that you believe we are dated. We are constantly improving our hotel, and continue to progress the look and the amenities on property. We thank you for your feedback, and hope that when you are in the area again you make us your #1 choice.

Audubon, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stay at this hotel almost every week and the front desk staff is always so friendly they always go out of there way to make sure you have anything you need .The beds are comfortable and the rooms are very clean and updated

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Kelliann H, Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Brian S,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a detailed review. We thank you for your continued loyalty with us! I am very happy to hear that the front desk is always going above and beyond to make sure your stay is enjoyable. Once again we thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Westbury, and hope to see you again soon!

france
Reviewed May 8, 2014

- It looks more like a motel than a hotel .
-hotel lobby is so small / not very inviting and welcoming
-rooms can be very far from the elevator
-rooms themselves are old , not really clean and in a serious need of refurbishment .
-my bathroom was leaking from everywhere ( tap/bathtub and toilet bowl ) and I had to use towels to mop over and over ... not something very nice to do .

-Location wise : theres a walmart opposite the hotel and a few stores nearby ( Gap /nordstrom rack, traders joe , starbucks etc...)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Bedugul
Kelliann H, Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Bedugu,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review. I sincerely apologize that we fell below your expectations and am truly sorry for the inconveniences you encountered. It is our fullest intention to provide you with the best experience, as such we are constantly looking into areas of improvements in the best of our efforts assuring you of our best attention and service at all times. I have taken note of your comments and would like to thank you for your feedback. With that being said, we are always trying to better our hotel. If you could be so kind to contact me at your earliest convenience so that we can further discuss your stay, it would be greatly appreciated.

Pearl River, New York
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We stayed in this hotel because we were attending a wedding in the area. The staff at check-in were extremely friendly and check-out was a breeze. The room was spacious and clean. Overall, it was a good experience.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Kelliann H, Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review! I am very pleased to hear that our front desk staff was very kind, just like always. I’m also very happy to hear that you had a great experience at our hotel. If you are in the area again, please keep us as your first choice. We hope to see you soon!

(516) 997-5000
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I stayed here for a business stay at the end of February. It is your typical dated Holiday Inn but the location was convenient for where I was working the next day. Staff was friendly upon check-in. My stay included breakfast in the attached restaurant. Overall the breakfast was very good and the waitstaff was attentive and kept my coffee full. An average stay all around.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank EyeLoveFood
Kelliann H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear EyeLoveFood,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review. I am very happy to hear that we were conveniently located to all your needs while you were here, and that you were able to enjoy our restaurants breakfast as well as our wonderful staff. We are currently renovating and improving our hotel, and we do hope to see you again soon so that you are able to see all the changes and improvements we have made. Thank you again.

Frot Office Manager
(516) 997-5000 ext 421
Syracuse, NY
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

I spent one night here on business. It was a very busy place when I arrived. The staff were all very friendly and hospitable, a huge plus. Especially Cynthia and Mike at the front desk.

The hotel itself is a bit dated and doesn't have that fresh look of some other places I've stayed. This is the primary down side of this hotel and for my "average" rating.The bedding was nice and clean and comfortable though and there are lots of cable channels to choose from. The hotel is also around many retail establishments.

One other negative is that I emailed the hotel manager in advance of my stay (Ms. Bristol), but never received a response to my question. Disappointing.

I had breakfast (not included) at the attached restaurant. The staff were very nice there.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Angela B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear andtherest,

Thank you for your review... Your comments are valuable and we consider them seriously in the consistent endeavor to improve the quality of our hotel and service.

I am very disappointed to see your recent stay with us started out with me missing the mark of our normal excellent guest service. I see you have stated you emailed me prior to your arrival, and never received a response. I check my emails daily, if not hourly and didn't see any missed emails so I do want to take this moment to apologize for the miss in communication. I respond to all email requests in addition to forwarding the requests to the appropriate department.

I was delighted to read that despite the disappointments, you were still able to enjoy your stay with us. I have forwarded your wonderful comments to Both Cynthia and Mike, in addition the rest of the hotel staff to read. We are sad to hear that hotel seems a bit dated, and not to your full satisfaction but we are making numerous of changes to improve. We are going through major renovations so please feel free to stay with us when you are visiting the Long Island area. I apologize for the shortfalls, nevertheless, I am glad that you were satisfied with most of the features such as our comfortable beds, channels provided, and again our staff.

Please accept my sincerest apology, and I hope to get the opportunity to serve you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carle Place
Hyatt Place Garden City
Hyatt Place Garden City
#1 of 4 in Garden City
SpringHill Suites Carle Place Garden City

Been to Holiday Inn Westbury? Share your experiences!