“Very nice Holiday Inn.”

Holiday Inn Westbury
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Carle Place
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Front desk was very busy at check in as we were all there for a nearby large family wedding. Michael M. checked us in easily and was very courteous and helpful. He made us feel welcome. The rooms were very clean and the cleaning staff were very polite as well. We gathered at the bar in the lobby restaurant after the wedding and had a great time. The next day we all had a delicious breakfast in the downstairs room. All of the food was hot and delicious, whcih isn't always easy during a two hour buffet style breakfast. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The rooms on the second floor tend to be a bit more quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Kelliann H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Debbie O,

Thank you for your kind words. I am very pleased to hear that Michael was a great help and an asset to your stay. I have passed on your kind words to Mike as well as Management. I am also glad to hear that the cleaning staff were caring and able to assist you with your needs. Thank you for taking the time to enjoy our breakfast in the morning. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in the area.

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night and got in late but here are my impressions. Lobby was clean and modern. Front desk staff were fast, friendly and efficient. Elevator and hallways seemed well maintained. My room was clean with a smaller t.v and a king size bed. I would say that the pillows were on the small size and the right side of the bed seemed to slope downward a bit. Room had a coffee maker that was NOT in the bathroom thank goodness. They provided two soap bars, a shampoo, conditioner and body lotion all of good quality. I would happily stay here again and recommend to others.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Kelliann H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Justin V,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the room as well as the front desk staff. I apologize that the pillows seemed a bit small and the bed had a slight slope to it. I have forwarded your comments to my executive housekeeper. Again thank you for your kind words, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 2, 2013

This Holiday Inn property has become one of my favorite places to stay while working in Long Island. The hotel and front desk staff are extremely pleasant and willing to assist in anyway they can to make my experience there a great one. The food in the bar and morning breakfast is above average and the rooms are clean and up to date for a Holiday inn property. Wifi works well throughout the hotel and lobby, as well as Parking free onsite and easy to access. Its property is located close to shopping, restaurants and local businesses and both the Northern and Southern expressways, so its easy to get to my work wherever I am in Long Island.

Room Tip: king bed suites at this property are roomy and exceptional for the price.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Kelliann H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

JoeFesta,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review. I am very happy to hear that our property has become your favorite place to stay while here on Long Island and has become your home away from home. It is our staff’s priority to make sure that you are happy while at our property and we are willing to do anything to make sure you are just that. I am also very pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy our restaurants breakfast during your stay and that we are conveniently located to your work so that it is not a hassle for you to get to where you need to be. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

The check in was great, the room was pretty good. The tub is dirty with hair&dirt in it. The taxi service was terrible, asked the front desk to call me a taxi. 10minutes later, 2 came by but neither of them was the one I called. That have nothing to do with the hotel but ppl needing cabs should know.

Called down to find out check out is at noon but housekeeping tried to come in at 11:40 while I was showering but I wasn't really bothered by it.

Overall this hotel is average-good.

The location is good. There are tons of stores around and a huge mall about 15mins walk.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Kelliann H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review about our location. Guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us and we are committed to making sure that you receive comfortable and clean accommodations. I apologize that the room was not to your satisfaction. We want you to know that the feedback we receive is taken very seriously, and I have taken your comments and shared them with management and the staff. I am very delighted to hear that you had an excellent check in experience and that you enjoyed our location. If you are in the area again please do not hesitate to contact me so we can show you what our hotel is truly made of.

Thank you again.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Front desk is the first place you stop when you check in and here they make you feel welcome and ready to take care of your needs. Chris the front desk supervisor was exceptional and the rooms were very clean. Housekeepers are extremely pleasant. They had a nice business center. Customer service is truly their first priority and they are excellent at it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Kelliann H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you Tripteacher2013 for your kind review. It is our job to make you feel as comfortable as possible while you are with us. Customer Service is our top priority here at the hotel and it brings me great pleasure to hear that the staff is providing just that. I will tell Christian about your kind words. Again thank you for your review, and please do visit us again.

(516) 997-5000 ext. 421

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I hate writing negative reviews, I honestly really do...so since I'm writing one, it's got to be bad.
My husband and I stayed there for a family reunion and a wedding we attended next door. The actual hotel accommodations were satisfying - very pretty, very clean...and actually reasonable prices! BUT! A week after we got home from our trip, we had a bitter surprise - THEY CHARGED US AGAIN FOR OUR STAY! A WEEK LATER! YES, DOUBLE CHARGE FOR THE STAY! WE COULDN'T BELIEVE IT! Still can't actually...and sure enough, when I called with the complaint, the manager Allan and Kelly (whoever that is) weren't around AND the receptionist didn't want to tell me right away that they weren't around and tried to handle the issue on her own...which she couldn't do and told me to leave message for Kelly and didn't even tell me who Kelly was like she didn't know herself. Needless to say, the issue is still not resolved. VERY VERY VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED and want our money back.
(If you decide to stay at this hotel DESPITE all the negative reviews, go ahead. Just take our advice - PAY FOR YOUR VISIT WITH CASH...and don't bring your valuables along because apparently they steal at this place too...)
ENJOY.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Kat J
Denise L, Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Kat J,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your thoughts and concerns from your stay with us in September. While we are so glad to hear that during your stay at the hotel were good, we want to apologize for any charging errors that may have occured after your stay. These matters are taken very seriously, and we would love to have the opportunity to research and take care of this for you as soon as possible. Please feel free to contact the General Manager Allen Kirincic at your earliest convience wither by phone or email, (516) 997-5000 ext 411 or akirincic@hiwestbury.com.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is close to lots of stores, places to eat, the beach and just 15 min from St. John's College. It's a average place to stay. Not great but, not awful. The rooms are ok. The restaurant ok but, I don't think I would eat there again. You have so many other choices around the area to get something to eat.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cervini63
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Cervini63,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so glad you liked the fine location of our hotel in the area. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M

#2 of 4 in Garden City
Hilton Garden Inn Westbury
Homewood Suites by Hilton Carle Place - Garden City
Courtyard by Marriott Westbury Long Island

Been to Holiday Inn Westbury? Share your experiences!