“pretty good hibachi”
Review of Shiro of Japan

Shiro of Japan
Reserve with OpenTable
Shiro of Japan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 60 Restaurants in Carle Place
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Carle Rd.
Description: Shiro of Japan of Carle Place and Glendale (The Shops at Atlas Park) New York, have the reputation for providing an exceptional and authentic Japanese dining experience at affordable prices for more than thirty years.
Reviewed March 8, 2012

fun place, food is good, and the chefs are always fun to watch!! service is good, and you are treated very well

Reviewed February 24, 2012

What a great place...all the food was cooked in front of us on a hot plate by a chef. Was extremely fun and the food was amazing!! Best chicken/egg fried rice I've ever had, also cater wel for vegitarians. He an issue with the bill (had been charged for a more expensive item) but once this was brought to the waitresses attention she ratified it straight away. Defintly wor a visit!!

Reviewed February 22, 2012

Shiro of Japan is a hidden gem on Old Country Road next to a burger king. Although expensive, it is worth every penny. The food here is always delicious and there is something for everyone. The people and chefs are nice and we always leave happy and full. Something for everyone! I have been there many times and will continue to go back! Make sure to call and make reservations before you go for quick seating when you arrive!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Just ate at Shiro of Japan in Carle Place with five friends. Three other adults and two children. I have been going to Shiro for many years but, I hadn't been there in about three. Shiro is primarily a Hibachi restaurant, where your meal is cooked and chopped up, at the Hibachi grill, in front of you. Your chef puts on a little performance, while he cooks up your food. They sat us on time, the wait staff took care of our every need (without any attitude at all), the performance at the table was fun, and the food was better than I remembered. They have a menu that includes sushi and other offerings but, when I go here, I generally get something that cooks up on the hibachi. This time, I had Teriyaki Sirloin Steak. Shiro serves you soup (Miso or Onion), a salad, mixed veggies, either noodles or bean sprouts, a three or four Shrimp appetizer, and your meal. Plenty of food. I also ordered fried rice, which was extremely tasty. My girlfriend ordered the lamb chops and, I kid you not, they gave her six or seven chops. Wow. I plan on ordering that, the next time I go there. Shiro offers a number of dishes that can be cooked up on the hibachi so, if you wanted, you could get Scallops, Duck, Fillet Mignon, Lobster, all kinds of Kobe beef, etc... Shiro is a great place for a celebration or just a fun family meal. The kids will love it and so will the adults (we are all kids at heart). I highly recommend Shiro of Japan. I would recommend a reservation for this restaurant, on weekends.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

Ate here two or three times for Birthday's since it was the celebrant's choice. Unfortunately, the portions were tiny. For example, I ordered the Shrimp and so did another two people seated at our grill. So, the Chef takes about 9 pieces of shrimp, cuts it into three pieces, grills it in front of you and then serves you. ALWAYS left hungry!