“I ordered one of the "specials"..........”
Review of Carle Place Diner

Carle Place Diner
Ranked #14 of 60 Restaurants in Carle Place
Cuisines: American, Italian
Reviewed August 26, 2014

We have been going to this diner for years and just when I thought it could not be any better, I ordered one of the daily specials (Soft Shell Crabs) and I am now certain that this diner is the real deal!! The plate came with 3 huge fried delicious crabs, salad, fries, and a vegetable all for $16.95. My husband ate one crab with his pastrami omelet and could not stop talking about how good the crab was. Love this place.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

Just wanted some decent food for breakfast without having to hit a chain. THis place was fine. Breakfast is breakfast and everything was fine. If we stay at the nearby hotel again we will eat there again.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Visiting a friend who has recently moved to this area of Long Island and after touring the Old Westbury Gardens settled on this place for lunch – neither of us knew the area that well and there seemed to be very few restaurant options in this downtown shopping center as all are one type of chain or another. On a Saturday afternoon the place was quite empty except for a few people sitting at the bar. It looked nice as diners go, everything spiffy and shiny with comfortable seats. I had a grilled chicken panini, my friend had a French dip (roast beef on a roll). Service was ok if rather indifferent. Food portions quite substantial – we could have split one of these things and still be stuffed. As it was, we certainly had no room left for dessert – the cake slices looked gigantic. Food was fine, if fairly standard, with very affordable prices.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

We met a friend here. The diner is great because there is so much you can choose from. I had the classic burger and fries. All the food was great, the service was great and the diner was clean. The atmosphere was what I liked best about this diner. It was exactly what we needed that day. A nice relaxed place that had something for everyone's taste, where we could just relax and talk with friends.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Came here several weeks ago for a quick lunch and it did not disappoint. The burger was cooked the way I liked it, and the fries were crisp and plentiful. They also had me seated and fed in a short amount of time, which was good because I was out visiting clients and had to get back on the job!

Would come back if I'm ever in the area.