“Carle Place Homewood” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Carle Place
Blauvelt, United States
“Carle Place Homewood”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

A decent suite hotel, staff could be more attentive particularly at the front desk, lacks business TV, good location with access to restaurants and retail establishments. The location is of the greatest value if you are interested in this section of Long Island. Fairly priced.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Valley Forge, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

Nice hotel - good cleanliness. New but already seeing a little wear and tear. Nice indoor pool and fitness room. A/C is a litlle noisy. Adequate parking. Didn't get to try the dinner because it's over at 7:00pm.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

New York, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

We took some time away from home with the kids. This location was not our first choice but with so many weddings in town we were directed here. The hotel itself is astetically pleasing and the staff is very nice, we were greeted by everyone we passed. The room was average the living space was small and the beds were nice. We had to use the pull out as well and would have been better off sleeping in the tub or the floor no comfort there at all. The overall experience was good... not great.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Mass.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

I wasn't expecting much from this suite hotel located in a part of Long Island with few other options. Not only were the rooms better than expected (several of us stayed here as part of a family reunion) but the staff was pleasant and helpful. The included breakfast was much better than the typical included breakfast and the price was reasonable! Would definately return.

Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I have found the selection of hotels in this part of Long Island wanting. A new property like this one is welcome. I found the staff very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious, clean, and still felt new. A major shopping center is nearby and traffic here can be especially busy. I wasn't bothered by noise during my stay and took advantage of the very nice pool. The putting green is a nice touch, and there are barbecue grills available which was a pleasant surprise. I will definitely come back.

Boston, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

My husband and I spent one night there as part of our anniversary getaway. I had booked a king room for us. We checked in and went up to the room to find they put us in a double queen room. I I immediately went online to look up my confirmation email to make sure I had reserved a king room, which I had.Not exactly romantic for an anniversary trip. Not a huge deal, we "made it work", but not what we had requested either.
Just then the front desk called and asked how everything was. I asked about the room and she said we had been upgraded to a one bedroom. Honestly, it was just the 2 of us and maybe the one bedroom was an upgrade (which didn't benefit us in any way) but the 2 beds was a downgrade in my opinion. It wasn't worth making a big deal out of, we had already settled in.
I just think they should have told us this before we went to the room.
There were stirring straws all over the floor and 3 used face cloths on the shower curtain bar also. Not a very thorough cleaning.
None of this was a real problem, I only mention it because I know how conscientious this chain usually is. Free wine from 5-7? All is forgiven :) I didn't say anything upon checkout either since the front desk never asked how our stay was, I figured they didn't really care. There's always Trip Advisor right?

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
BROOKLYN, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stayed 3 nights at the Homewood Suites Hotel in Carle Place/Garden City NY. I stopped by to ask for a tour before booking. The receptionist was very accomodating and showed us an empty room with no hesitation. The Hotel was Extemely clean!! The studio's are cozy and the one bedroom suite is spacious. I stayed in the 1BR suite w/two queen beds. There were 2 flat screen tv's and a kitchenette with a full size refrigerator. There were 4 of us in the room and there was Plenty room. There is a nice indoor pool, a mini shop with lots of snacks and food items you could microwave. The hotel serves hot breakfast 7 days a week, and a light dinner Monday-Thursday. All hotel staff are professional and courteous at all times. There is ample parking, plenty stores & restaurants in walking distance and the Roosevelt Field Mall is maybe 1 1/2 miles away. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone who needs an extended stay or just one night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Garden City Hotel
Garden City Hotel
#3 of 4 in Garden City
Hilton Garden Inn Westbury

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Carle Place - Garden City? Share your experiences!