“Great!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 5, 2019

Had breakfast there with my family recently. Wow! We waited outside for about 15 minutes. There's always a line waiting to get in but it's well worth the wait! Our food was delicious, service was quick and efficient. Prices very reasonable.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed May 9, 2019 via mobile

The best skillet omelets I've eaten. The boss n staff are awesome. Always busy there. My favorite is the chicken and leek frittata with little bit of hot sauce OMG. Mmmmmm mmmmmm good. Definitely recommend this place to anyone who likes eating breakfast anytime of the day. P.S. they have other great stuff on their menu but I go there just for the breakfast items. So if you're in Carl Place and you're hungry go visit them. They won't disappoint you .I use to eat breakfast at diners and then I tried this place. Never went to a diner to eat breakfast again.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed March 28, 2019

Stopped in here for breakfast one morning when in the area. We got there just before 7am and were told to pick any seat. We grabbed a booth across from the kitchen. Our waitress was around shortly to take our drink order. We ordered a decaf coffee, regular coffee, kids OJ and a kids white milk. She gave us a few more minutes to look over the menu for our food orders. We decided on the Applewood Bacon & 2 Eggs Skillet, the Breakfast Sliders (with applewood bacon instead of canadian bacon) and an order of the kid's silver dollar pancakes with chocolate chips.

Our food orders were out of the kitchen within 10 minutes or so. Everything looked amazing. The "skillet" meals are actually served at the table IN a skillet! Some of the kid's silver dollar pancakes were shaped to look like teddy bear faces. That was super cute! There were enough pancakes on the ONE kid's pancake order to easily feed our two small kids!! My Breakfast Sliders entree could have easily been split between 2 people as well! We all enjoyed our entrees. I thought the breakfast sliders were cooked perfectly. My husband had no complaints about his eggs either. He even enjoyed the toast that was served alongside his skillet. He thought it was a special bakery bread instead of standard white toast. He got a kick out of watching the Pop-Down toaster at work on the counter. Plus it was neat to see that our table had a little extension that slid out to make more room on the table. Kids really liked the chocolate chip pancakes. Coffee was good. Service staff (separate from your waitress) kept our mugs filled as we dined, although I did run low on decaf for longer than I would have liked. That is NOT hard to do here though as the coffee cups are a little on the small side. Our one child was a little disappointed that the OJ had PULP in it. IF you prefer PULP-FREE OJ, then select another option. We were not overly excited about the hash brown potatoes though. They needed more flavor and some grease. They were pretty dry. Ketchup helped some, but not enough.

After we were done dining, we ordered 2 of their muffins to-go on our road trip back home. We selected the cinnamon coffee cake and the chocolate cheesecake muffins. I should have ordered MORE! We opened one in the car and it was delicious. The cinnamon coffee cake muffin was sweet, but not overly sweet. It had a nice cinnamon flavor to it. We saved the second muffin as dessert at home. The chocolate cheesecake muffin was more of a dessert muffin, somewhat like chocolate cake. It was really sweet, especially the cheesecake portion of it. I still loved it. I thought it was heavenly.

Overall we had a great experience with Thomas' Ham and Eggery Diner. Service was FAST. Our waitress was really friendly and easy going. She didn't rush us at all! Owner appeared to be on location and working hands on with the staff. He greeted customers and even wished us a good day as we were leaving. Food was good to excellent. We enjoyed the coffee, eggs, bacon, pancakes, sliders and muffins. Only item we were not fans of were the hash brown potatoes. Interior was bright and clean.
Decor is classic retro diner, which we found pleasing. Music was NOT too loud so that was a plus! Table seating is limited, as there are approximately 14 tables (a mix of 4-tops and 2-tops). However, they also have a dining counter that even has little hooks at each stool to hang your purse or jacket. Prices were reasonable for portion sizes, but are NOT cheap. Our total for our family of 4 was around $40 for 3 entrees, 2 muffins and beverages. Diner is CASH ONLY, so come prepared OR plan to access the ATM in the foyer. Opens at 6am DAILY.

Bottom Line: Good Food, Friendly Service, Big Portions. Nice atmosphere. We would recommend for breakfast and would dine here again IF in the area. Take home at LEAST a 6 pack of those scrumptious muffins!!

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 12, 2019 via mobile

I come here almost every week on a Sunday morning they're always busy but that doesn't matter food is good the wait staff is friendly and they always cook everything the way I like

Date of visit: February 2019
5  Thank LarryKhulmann
Reviewed January 12, 2019

Cute little place with great omelette in the fry pan ! Small so limited space and you may have to wait . Have noticed the attention to detail with the food has slacked off a bit - but worth a trip if you havent experienced -Breakfast is the best meal to sample

Date of visit: December 2018