“Hosted a Graduation Party and it was perfect!”
Review of West End Cafe

West End Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
West End Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 64 Restaurants in Carle Place
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: I'm surprised you haven't already got this wonderful place listed
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Had a few great dinners here and decided to host our children's Graduation party here. The staff didn't miss anything. Food, service and staff were outstanding. Great decision. Bright airy but intimate and cozy space for our group of 65. Cocktails. Duck tacos, sliders, avocado dip at the bar for all. Dinners from salmon to penne were delicious. Cappuccino and desserts topped off the day. Thank you West End! I've recommended you to many already.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

As usual dinner at the West End Cafe was an adventure. We almost always order something different and usually follow the advice of the wait staff who are very knowledgeable about all the dishes and food in general. We had the WEC black bean and avocado dip with fried plantains appetizer, which was highly recommended. As our waiter told us, this dish was lightly seasoned which allowed the natural flavors to come through. It was drizzled with an ancho chili vinaigrette. The dish was just as described - wonderful Despite having very little seasoning, the taste was wonderful. The fried plantains were cut into long strips which were used to scoop up the bean-avocado mix. For dinner we had the Long Island Bass special with baby clams, peppers and chorizo. This was also very good although the bass did not have much flavor of its own. The fish was very fresh. For dessert - yes we had a gift card so we ordered dessert - was the raspberry and lemon sorbet with fruit. We have had this before, and it is a wonderful way to end a meal. The coffee was served hot which was much appreciated. We will definitely go back here again to explore new taste sensations.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Celebrated a Birthday here with family. Excellent Twilight Menu (Prix Fixe) with wonderful choices. Something for everyone's tastes. My family's reviews are as follows: Asian Duck Tacos as appetizer was yummy as well as the Marinated Baby Beet & Goat Cheese Salad, Caesar Salad. Main course was enjoyed by all. My Beer Braised Short Ribs of Beef with root vegetables was tender & flavorful. The Grilled Angus Steak was excellent as well. Those who had the Maple Glazed Pork Chop did say that they were dry, however. The only complaint over all. Dessert was also very good. Chocolate Molten Cake with ice cream was perfect for the chocoholic in the group, the sorbet was enjoyed as well as the Warm Apple Crisp. Waiter was pleasant, and helpful, but a bit pushy with the specialty cocktails. I am very much looking forward to returning again very soon! Yum! Have been here 3 times before and now wonder why we have not returned more often in the past. That will change.

1  Thank rncarol13
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We'd wanted to try this place for a while and finally did. It's in a strip mall and nothing to look at from the parking lot. So pretty, tho small, inside, we were welcomed in a lovely way. The food was presented in a beautiful plate and was just as good to eat as it looked. We were a party of 6 and service was good even tho the restaurant was packed and even had two birthday parties going on. Dessert and coffee was also great. We will definitely not wait too long before going back again. Highly recommend

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Wish I could give 1/2 star, or less than that! I am amazed to read all the great ratings. This restaurant has ATTITUDE and is RUDE. We arrived at ~ 4:15 and were told that the restaurant does not open until 5 pm. OK, I understand that. Staff was there preparing and I said we would shop around (in a strip mall with barely any stores), and we would return in 1/2 hour and get drinks at the bar before being seated for a 5 pm start. We killed time and returned at 4:50 pm. The door was now locked. We looked through the window and staff was there and saw us. No one came to the door. We left and went to dinner at Vincents around the corner. Is this customer service??? Why would we wait another 10 minutes when the establishment obviously closed/locked the doors after we said we would return. We would have sat at the bar, spent $$$$ on drinks, and then ordered dinner, and spent more $$$$. I can't even rate the food, never got a chance to order or eat any of it. I can tell you with all the restaurants out there, and the competitive nature of the business, I am totally amazed that West End Café can have this attitude. I did call and spoke to the women who dealt with us and she was all explanations for why the doors may have been shut, but no empathy or consideration for us as customers. She said she would get to the bottom of this... and I said what good would this do me... and her reply was still the same... I will get to the bottom of this. It should have been... I am so sorry, please come back, the first drinks will be on the house to welcome you, and let us show you how great our restaurant is. Your loss West End... it will eventually catch up to you.