Would you come back????????
I and my wife have been going to the West End Café 187 Glen Cove Road,
Carle Place NY for many years. Until now their food has been of a good quality.
Last night, 6/13/12, we had a 7:00 PM reservation and were promptly seated with rolls, butter and water delivered to the table. Their “Twilight”, better know as the “early bird” ended at 6:30 PM and the restaurant was filled
Now the disaster began:
1) Took 15 minutes for wine order to be taken. Should have known a problem existed.
2) Order for food was taken – Wife: Grilled Pork chop – Self: L.I Duck Duo
3) 20 minutes later waitress came over and said “food will be coming out shortly”.
4) The duck meat was pink and in spots raw. I asked to change to a pork chop and was told it would be a 40 minute wait. Was this a ploy to make me keep the duck? Because of this I sent the duck back to be cooked some more.
5) While waiting for my duck to be returned my wife said that the pork chop was “tough” and not like others she had eaten there. I said return it but she said she would work through it.
6) My duck was returned with the breast sliced to facilitate the additional cooking. When I finished the breast and went to cut the leg I found it “raw” by the bone.
7) I called over the waitress and showed her the “raw’ meat. Her answer was that meat near the bone would be raw. What bull! We also told her the pork chop was “tough”.
8) She came back with the bill and said the manager removed the wine cost. Did not address the raw duck or tough pork chop.
No way to address a customer’s issues. Would you come back???????????
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.