“Come Back Again????????????”
Review of West End Cafe

West End Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
West End Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 60 Restaurants in Carle Place
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: I'm surprised you haven't already got this wonderful place listed
Cedarhurst, New York
“Come Back Again????????????”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Would you come back????????

I and my wife have been going to the West End Café 187 Glen Cove Road,
Carle Place NY for many years. Until now their food has been of a good quality.
Last night, 6/13/12, we had a 7:00 PM reservation and were promptly seated with rolls, butter and water delivered to the table. Their “Twilight”, better know as the “early bird” ended at 6:30 PM and the restaurant was filled

Now the disaster began:
1) Took 15 minutes for wine order to be taken. Should have known a problem existed.
2) Order for food was taken – Wife: Grilled Pork chop – Self: L.I Duck Duo
3) 20 minutes later waitress came over and said “food will be coming out shortly”.
4) The duck meat was pink and in spots raw. I asked to change to a pork chop and was told it would be a 40 minute wait. Was this a ploy to make me keep the duck? Because of this I sent the duck back to be cooked some more.
5) While waiting for my duck to be returned my wife said that the pork chop was “tough” and not like others she had eaten there. I said return it but she said she would work through it.
6) My duck was returned with the breast sliced to facilitate the additional cooking. When I finished the breast and went to cut the leg I found it “raw” by the bone.
7) I called over the waitress and showed her the “raw’ meat. Her answer was that meat near the bone would be raw. What bull! We also told her the pork chop was “tough”.
8) She came back with the bill and said the manager removed the wine cost. Did not address the raw duck or tough pork chop.

No way to address a customer’s issues. Would you come back???????????

• Visited June 2012

Long Beach, New York
“Ambiance and Excellence!”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This gem of a restaurant is tucked away in an unlikely location; the food is gourmet style and the service is very good. A great place to have lunch or dinner for a special occasion.

• Visited February 2012
Great Neck, New York
“You Can't Eat Atmosphere”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

The most consistent, reasonably priced restaurant on Long Island. Tasty food, fresh ingredients, good service. Could use a decoration overhaul - it's getting old looking.

Visited November 2011
Long Island
“Can Not Go Wrong...Unless You Order The Grouper”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Had lunch here yesterday and it was terrific as usual. Better than usual because at lunch time on a week day at least you can get in. I have been going to West End cafe for nearly ten years. In that time it has gone from a popular place to very hard to get in. A lot of the old employees are gone, some I think left the company and others moved to their new restaurant which I have not visited yet. But the food is as consistently good as always and the prices have held the line - and I think they are a great value for what you get here.

Only bad dish I ever had here was the pistachio crusted grouper. Other than that you can't go wrong.

• Visited May 2012
Long Island, NY
“Good food, but a long wait”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

One of the best things about the West End Cafe is that everyone in your party will find something to eat here. The menu is so varied (and they always use the freshest ingredients) I can't imagine anyone not finding something they'd like. Try to go at an off hour on the weekend, or better, go during the week.

Visited February 2012