“Glad they take reservations but service slow”
Review of Vincent's Clam Bar

Vincent's Clam Bar
Ranked #2 of 60 Restaurants in Carle Place
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Clifton Park, New York
“Glad they take reservations but service slow”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had a large group (11) for my husbands birthday. I was pleased they took reservations and we were seated right away.

Our food took so long to come that they gave us free pizza while we were waiting but then you don't have as much room for the food. I got the rigitoni alla vodka, which was adequate but not spectacular. My husband got food poisoning from their shellfish last time we ate here (about 3 years ago) so he ordered the chicken parm this time which he enjoyed.

Restaurant is loud and it was very crowded so service was pretty slow. I give it a score of just 'average'.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank travelrus

“Loved the food!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

We are planning another vacation around this restaurant! Food was so good, spoiled my pallet for any other Itialian food. Zucchini wheels Y U M!!! The bread, to die for! I cannot decide if I like the spices and oil or the "sauce" better, so we just have both!

Ardmore, Oklahoma
“Enough food for 3 meals!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

The atmosphere is festive, the servers are friendly and the food is impeccable. Be sure to order dessert, even if you don't have any room for it!

Visited September 2012
New York
“Italian style, Family style, Our style”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I've been hearing great things about Vincent's Clam Bar but every time we stopped in, the wait was crazy long. Celebrating my son's 25th birthday we were planning on going out with the family but my son kept changing his mind about where to eat. I called late on Friday for a reservation at 7:30 and the owner accommodated us and made sure that the table was set so that my mom didn't have to wait too long. I told the young lady taking the reservations that mom hates noise and to sit us as far away from it as possible, as laughable as that seems. At Vincent's, the noise level is pretty high but once you start eating you forget all about it! Mom complained at the beginning but once they brought over that huge portion of mussells marinara, clams oreganata and that delicious fresh bread, mom just tuned it right out. I ordered the eggplant parmagiana, a Vincent's favorite and it was amazingingly tender and tangy from that fresh pasta sauce. The side order of pasta that came with it was tonight's meal. Leftover for a third meal, the eggplant parmagiana. My son's girlfriend eats healthy and one of the specials was grilled chicken over zuccini fettucini which she said was spot on to what she expected. My son had the gnocci parmagiana with meatballs, or a heart attack on a plate, but it was tasty and plentiful. The gnocci was a bit on the doughy side but I'm one who would order that dish for an appetizer because gnocci is heavy to begin with. Being his birthday, the brought over the cannoli sundae and we shared a napolean with french creme. All fresh and delicious. Our waiter was Patrick and given the mayhem of a Friday night, service came with a smile. He never forgot us, came back with refills, asked us if we needed anything and whether the request was made of Patrick or one of the service waiters, it was prompt! We'll be back!

• Visited March 2013
Great Neck, New York
“**Shellfish Poisoning**”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I used to love this restaurant until I went their on Valentines Day last year and got shellfish poisoning from their Oysters. About a day and a half to two days later I was in dire pain. This eventually lingered into almost 6 months of off and on stomach issues. I will not be going to eat there ever again.

• Visited March 2012