Angel Rock Cottages
$62
Super 8 Kingston(Kingston)(Great Value!)
$79
$202
$140
Travelocity
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 2, 2010

My brother, our friend, and I have been riding our motorcycles( over 500 miles) to Green Cedars for 7 years now. The cabins are rustic but very clean inside. Everything is supplied (except food and drink) for a nice stay. Although there is no air-conditioning, we've found that being on the river cools things down. Also, the river is one of the cleanest in the country with warm waters for swimming.
Greg and Ann are great hosts with problems (if any) are solved immediately. In fact, this trip I discovered, about 20 miles from Green Cedars, on our way home, that I left my wallet. My brother and friend continued on home while I went back. Ann, Greg, and the cleaning staff spent a half hour helping me search( as it turned out, the wallet was found at the local restaurant several days later).
Knowing that I couldn't meet the others in Boonville without gas, Ann was gracious enough to loan me $30 and mail the wallet back to me!
We're looking forward to our trip next year!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
4  Thank ryesbeemer
Reviewed July 12, 2010

Well, I wish I didn’t have to write this review but here it is. “Vacationers Beware”. I my significant other and another couple visited Green Cedars to spend a long 4th of July weekend on the River. When we arrived it was nothing like the online brochure. Yes, everything is provided in the cottage however you’ll have to spend a good hour or two with some general cleaning. The boat launch is capable of launching a john boat, canoe or kayak. I don’t think any average size boat would make the turns let alone the vertical gap on the ramp. The first evening was spent with the owner trying to discuss the cottage we were supposed to be in and the cost of our camp. The camp was booked in May; the check was cut with the camp number and the nights we planned on staying. Let’s just say mass confusion! We couldn’t understand, we payed the balance with cash but when we asked for a contract or receipt he denied the request. So, even after all this we continued to make the best out of our weekend. Saturday night we took the boat to Clayton’s fireworks came back for a small bonfire and went to bed. Sunday morning I woke up to go fishing, after running out of my minnows; I returned to the dock. I went to the open secure overflow parking lot and found my company truck vandalized!!! All three sides of the vehicle were keyed, dented and gravel was placed in the fuel tank. I went to see the owner about the incident and his reply was that I was targeted, then he just got in his car and left the property! He advertises to keep the boat out of the river at night and to park your rig in the open secure lot out front because he won’t be held responsible for damage that occurs at the dock. Not secure! Long story short, I’ve had no luck dealing with the property owner over this matter!! Vacationers BEWARE!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
6  Thank NGH1979
Carol T, Owner at Angel Rock Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2014

We are sorry that your stay was less than perfect. We would like to let you know that Green Cedars Cottages is now under new management for 2014. All operations and reservations are now being handled by Angel Rock Waterfront Cottages & Vacation Homes, right next door. There are many improvements to come and we hope that you are willing to give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed September 14, 2008

We just had our annual family reunion at Green Cedars for our second year. We plan to go again next year. Each family could have their own cottage for some privacy, but all are clustered around a common area for picnicking, play, relaxing and a bonfire. It was right on the water,but protected enough so little ones couldn't easily fall in. The kids fished off the dock, swam in the river, played in the fields and could even walk down the lane and pick an apple, pear or plum off the trees. Since each family has at least one pet, we have had difficulties in the past finding places that welcome animals, but we all felt welcome here. One cottage had a very large living/dining area that opened onto a huge child-proof deck overlooking the water. We could all comfortably gather there for meals or just to play games and hang-out with the whole big family. We just had to pack food, swimsuits and fishing poles; everything we needed was there-from wine glasses for the grown-ups to the marshmallow sticks to use at the bonfire.
We'll all be looking forward to our next family reunion at Green Cedars!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank GrandmaRochester_NY
Reviewed August 28, 2007

Green Cedars is situated in the heart of the Thousand Islands. Our cottage was surrounded by quiet and breathtaking views of The St. Lawrence River and beautiful gardens. All of the rentals offer postcard views,and are all fully equipped with all the comforts of home. The owners are friendly and very knowledgeable of the area and go beyond the norm to make your stay as comfortable as can be. Relax or enjoy all of the out door activities Green Cedars has to offer. I would recommend Green Cedars to anyone who needs to escape craziness and stress....just for a while. P.S. Reservations already booked for next year!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank docanddebbie
Reviewed August 21, 2007

Peace and quiet is our thing. We really enjoyed our stay at Green Cedars. The cabin we stayed in (#1) had a living room, 3 bedrooms, and a full kitchen. By full, I mean a full size fridge, as well as a microwave, coffee maker (coffee & tea provided), toaster, dishes & tableware, and cooking pots and utensils, even a cookie jar. All we had to add is food. We were right on the river. There was a picnic table where we could enjoy the lapping of the waves as we watched the sunset. The owners even provide amenities like games and books in case of inclement weather. It was well worth more than we paid for it. We'll be back.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family