“Wonderful weekend getaway, I would go again!”

24 East Main Street Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 6 Canton B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband and I, along with our parents were traveling from CT to see a football game at the University. What a nice surprise this B&B turned out to be. It is spotless and beautifully done. Charles and Brooke are super hosts. You feel like you are one of the family. The breakfast was super delicious. Brooke made a coffee cake and Charles made french toast , fresh eggs to order, bacon, orange juice, coffee etc. It is minutes from downtown so you can walk to the restaurants. Charles will help you make reservations because on Fridays the restaurants are really busy. The rooms even have TV's. Our bathroom had a jacuzzi tub and very spacious. It was very close to the University. I would go back there any time.

Room Tip: ask Charles about each room there is a special one on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 8, 2013

If you are looking for a place to stay in the Canton/Potsdam area, look no further! A beautifully maintained B&B with a great breakfast and lovely hosts. Doesn't get better than this. It is located right in town, so it's within easy walking distance of churches, eating places (try The Club) and the town square. Canton itself is a charming town.

Room Tip: Just be aware that there is a train that passes within 100 feet of the B&B. It may wake you up...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pwik
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My wife and I are both SLU Alumni and came back for our 15th wedding anniversary. We wanted something other than the University Inn. We got very lucky in finding the perfect B&B. Minutes from campus and downtown, in a clean and charming, newly renovated house. It made our trip.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed at 24 East Main Street B & B while traveling on business. It was a last minute reservation -- it proved to be a great decision. The B & B is charming, comfortable and impeccably spotless. Charles and Brooke are friendly and professional. The custom ordered breakfast cooked by Charles was delicious and the perfect start to my busy day. The fresh roasted coffee beans were brewed into a wonderful few cups of coffee. The location is perfect if you're in town for the college. Charles' recommendation for a nearby restaurant -- the Blackbird Cafe was perfect. I highly recommend that spot as well. This was the best B & B experience I have ever had -- homey yet private. The room I stayed in, the masters suite is decorated in serene colors and was so comfortable. Even the toiletries were unique and something that I was to seek out. Handmade soaps from a local soap maker -- nice touch! I will be back the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank GrassFan
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My daughter and I have been college hunting for a few months now and went to look at St. Lawrence. I always look to tripadvisor to get an idea of where to stay and what a nice stay we had.

The bed and breakfast is beautiful. You can tell they have done a lot of work from the floors to the attic. Amazing and well worth the cost to stay.

The owners, Brooke and Charles were so accommodating when I emailed a hundred times about my early departure and places to eat. Never a complaint!

We stayed on the third floor which had a room with enough space for two twin beds and a queen. There was also a jacuzzi and sauna. Amazing for the price.

Breakfast was wonderful. We will definitely be returning if my daughter decides to go to school there. A+

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dbbohner
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We had another outstanding stay at this gem in Canton. The food was delicious and enhanced with the fresh bounty from their herb and vegetable garden. We highly recommend this wonderful bed and breakfast!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Yet another wonderful stay in this superb bed and breakfast. Amazing warm hospitality,delicious food and magnificent rooms.

• Stayed: May 2012