“Nice Spot”

Dining options: Reservations
Manchester, Vermont
“Nice Spot”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We were driving to Niagrra Falls and wanted to dine half way. We pulled out tripadvisor to see who was rated high - we were trying to find Flo's Diner at 7:30pm with no luck we passed Johnnie's on the way - so we headed back since it was getting late and we still had many more miles to go. So we had a set of grandparents, two kids and my husband and I. Ambiance was o.k. - waitress was pleasant - no small talk - informative with questions. Loved the owner met him at the end of the night as we were walking out the door. I had the meatball parmgrinder - it was good - I ate what I could - meaning a big meatball sandwich:) My daughter who is very very picky did a great job with her pasta. Everyone else enjoyed their meals. I felt that it was priced right for what you got. Mind you this isn't a New York City restaurant :) but it is quite nice for what it is. A spot right on the lake serving fresh home cooked food.

• Visited October 2012

Chelsea, Michigan
“A nice place on Lake Oneida”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We have been to Canastota many times, but until our last visit have not explored the area north of the town around Oneida Lake. On Saturday evening (18 August 2012) after a day of vigorous antique shopping in Bouckville, we (my wife and another couple) were looking for something different. We had experienced a run of bad service at several restaurants in the area during the week. We were delighted that the young lady serving us was quite professional--as if she had been waiting on tables for years. The food was excellent as well. We chose to eat inside, but could have dined on the patio. The only negative on my part was that the perch dinner was not available. I had the prime rib special. The ladies in our part had seafood items. Everyone was happy with their meals The portions were large, but not to the point of being wasteful.

• Visited August 2012
Syracuse, New York
“Food Overpriced and Unimpressive”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Ordered the "scallops in a basket" for $14. The basket had six tiny scallops, all over-fried (the breading was dark brown and burnt) and a mediocre amount of steak fries. Plenty of "open space" left in the basket. This was like an appetizer serving for a dinner price.
My wife had a chicken parm sandwich, and she was equally unimpressed. Barely any sauce on the sandwich. For $8, it's the sandwich alone - fries cost extra. That's kinda crazy, considering other restaurants offer similar (or better) sandwich WITH the fries for the same price.
I could excuse the higher prices if this place had "ambience" but we're talking about a gravel parking lot, vinyl tablecloths and paper placemats filled with ads for other local businesses.
We were with a large group of people and didn't want to make a scene, so we don't know how the staff would have responded if we complained.

• Visited July 2012
Hartsville, South Carolina
“From two to 60+ had great meals”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

On a recent trip to the Central New York area I had the opportunity to take some family out to Johnnie's Pier 31. We had a couple of little ones and several of us older folk. Fish fry was excellent and also had some scallops that were really sumptuous. The children's parents quickly found menu items that fit. The price was very reasonable. The service was friendly and efficient. We were on the porch and the atmosphere, with the shore of Oneida Lake close by, made for informal, dining at its best.

• Visited June 2012
Camden, Maine
“Casual,Relaxing,Wonderful”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Lovely evening on the porch overlooking the lake. Service was excellent! Food delicious!! I had the Grouper with Tomato and Asiago Cheese.. Perfect and so tasty... My dh had the smothered beef sandwich.. Delish and the pasta sauce was the best in town! You will be so glad you spent a relaxing evening here. ( There was no rushing us on anyone's part)

• Visited June 2012