“Best in Canandaigua”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rio Tomatlan - CLOSED

Rio Tomatlan
Cuisines: Mexican, Fast Food, Southwestern, Latin
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Canandaigua, New York
“Best in Canandaigua”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

I've never had a bad meal here. Atmosphere is calming, flavorful and fresh dishes! Great vegetarian options!

Visited March 2014

Canandaigua
“Good food, good service, reasonably priced.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

If you like Mexican food you'll really enjoy this place. Great margaritas as well. I haven't had anything I didn't like

Visited September 2013
canadaigua ny
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

I went in on Sunday by myself for a meal and the host didn't really greet me I had to explain that I was there for lunch for one she sat me at a table and gave me a glass of water with something brown on the side and then I sat waiting for the server to take my order for 20 minutes... In that time she took orders from two other tables. The service was honestly terrible I've been here one other time and experience was so so at best but a friend urged me to give them a second chance. I'm very irritated and would never come here again

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank aisto
Rochester, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Mexican Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Great dishes from south of the boarder. This is not Taco Bell by any stretch of the imagination! Very authentic dishes and some that are very different but so so good. If your in Canandaigua and like Mexican food you have to treat yourself to Rio Tomatlan.

Visited June 2013
Rochester, NY
“Best authentic Mexican around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

I like everything about Rio Tomatlan. The food is excellent, the service is great, the decor is unpretentious, yet feels authentic, and they make TAMALES!!!!

Visited October 2013