“Our favorite in Canandaigua”
Review of Rio Tomatlan - CLOSED

Rio Tomatlan
Cuisines: Mexican, Fast Food, Southwestern, Latin
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
NY
“Our favorite in Canandaigua”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Whenever we visit our friends nearby, we always seem to end up here! Maybe it's the margaritas, or probably just the great, fresh food. Tamales- yum, burros- delish, it's all good.

Vestal, New York
“Tasty food in a lumpy booth”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

(+) Really good and authentic Mexican, friendly service.
(-) Poorly lit, lumpy booths

The pluses trump the minuses however and food keeps me coming back.

Canandaigua, New York
“Exceptional food”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We really enjoyed our food choices. It was fresh, the sauces were delicious and the salsa was exceptional! Everything is ala carte which adds up quickly to a larger bill. The atmosphere was a bit dark and the booth we sat at had seen better days. The food quality was great, the rest is surface and fixable.

Rochester, New York
“Fixer upper”
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

The food is very good. However-our waiter gave us lackluster service-very blah. The seat in the booth was ripped up and taped.

• Visited April 2013
Lyons, New York
“Very cool atmosphere”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I dined at Rio Tomatlian with my family for dinner and the atmosphere was very cool and different than the average restaurant. Our waitress, Erin was friendly and gave some good suggestions on drinks and my meal that I ordered. I had the Enchilada Rijos and that was very good, however it doesn't come with any sides (rice or beans) that needs to be ordered extra. The kids were not very fond of their taco's and didn't finish them. My husband had the taco/chalupa combo meal and he liked the chalupa but did not care for the taco's and he also wouldn't finish them. His taco's had a strong flavored ingredient that was over powering and he didn't care for. Our food came out quickly considering it was a Friday night and was getting busy. One of major pet peeves is when dirty, empty plates are left in front of me after my meal so luckily for me the bus boy removed my plate when I was finished, however everyone else at the table had theirs sit in front of them for a bit longer. I liked how the staff was friendly from the moment we walked in to the time we left.

• Visited April 2013