“Not for me”

Eddie O'Briens
Ranked #16 of 103 Restaurants in Canandaigua
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Irish
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Canandaigua, New York
“Not for me”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We went to the recently opened Farmington location. It was crowded, noisy and food was over cooked. We waited over an hour for our food to arrive. I had an O'brien's Reuben and the corned beef was hard & stringy and the toasted bread was burnt. Other people who were there before us were just getting their dinner when we were finishing. Isn't conducive to conversation just watching TV. We won't be back and will not recommend it.

• Visited May 2013

Middlesex, NY
“Good selection & atmosphere”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We had a light Saturday night dinner here last weekend. Business was going strong at the bar but the restaurant side was less than half filled but it was early when we arrived. By the time we left all tables were taken & there was a wait. Our food was hot, tasty & arrived in short order. Our server was OK but seemed to be getting a bit harried as the meal progressed. I'm sorry to say this is my 1st meal here but glad to say it won't be my last! There is a nice selection of beers on draft & by the bottle.

• Visited March 2013
Geneva, NY
“Noisy”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Food is good but not special and not good enough to put up with the noise. Tin ceilings look great but you can't talk to your partner while enjoying your meal.

Visited April 2012
Rochester, New York
“Couldn't believe this place was packed on a Saturday night!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I was on my own this night. Have eaten lunch here before. The place is always busy but not packed. I walked in expecting to get a seat immediately. The host set me up at a single table since I was alone.

Many items on the menu to choose from. I went with a burger and salad. Excellent choice. I could have chosen a full course dinner if I desired.

Iced tea refills were no extra charge. I hate when restaurants charge $2.00 or more for iced tea and then charge you for every glass.

The only down side of the evening was how loud it was. The wood floors just bounce the noise around.

But I shall return.

Visited December 2012
Miami Beach, Florida
“great food”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

There was 5 of us OMG the appetisers are huge. and Yummy. awesome place. I would definatly return and send my friends here

Visited October 2012