“We always ask for Rio gift cards for Christmas!”
Review of Rio Tomatlan

Rio Tomatlan
Ranked #10 of 109 Restaurants in Canandaigua
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Here at Rio Tomatlán we pride ourselves in serving authentic Pacific coast cuisine prepared with the freshest locally and seasonally grown ingredients!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We always enjoy the food and large selection of tequila. The mexican food is fresh and delicious and they must have over 100 different tequilas to sip. The fish tacos are the best.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My husband and I were staying the night at a Canandaigua hotel and we decided to try Rio Tomatlan because of its excellent reviews. The restaurant was busy but we were seated immediately in a corner. Twenty minutes later we were still waiting for our waitress to acknowledge our presence. A couple came in after us and their order was taken immediately. My husband went up to the hostess to tell her we need our waitress and she said she will find her. We waited a bit longer and no waitress. We decided to leave and told the hostess that the waitress never came, she was too busy to care. Lesson learned...don't be seated in a corner during a busy night with a staff that is too busy to care. Too bad.

1  Thank ccc1055
Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

We were happy with our visit to Rio Tomatlan. We visited this restaurant as a stop on a food tour we did and it was beautiful and the food we tasted left us wanting to try more! We will return for a full meal and likely bring friends.

Reviewed June 18, 2018

Highly recommended and I place I frequent. The fare here is a cut above standard Mexican and very well prepared.

Reviewed June 18, 2018

I ordered the blue corn chicken enchiladas with mole sauce. I added a half an avocado for an extra $1. Still less than $10 before tax and tip. The table ordered guacamole which was deliciously spicy! Margaritas were also reasonably priced compared to Rochester or Buffalo Mexican restaurants. Others enjoyed their meals as well. I can't way to go again.