“A MUST stay”

Ranked #8 of 15 Canandaigua B&B and Inns
Chicopee, Massachusetts
“A MUST stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

This was our first stay here, and we were so glad we came across it! We stayed at this spectacular B&B as part of our Honeymoon tour of the Finger Lakes the week of Oct 21-29. We were greeted so graciously by both Jack and Donna, and they went out of their way to make our stay outstanding. The house is immaculate, not to mention gorgeous...and can we say attention to details! The breakfasts were truly gourmet. Any info you need to know about things to do, places to go...they have the answer! We are so glad they are part of our honeymoon memories...and can't wait to return again!

P.S. Make sure to soak your day of travelling away in the romantic outdoor hot tub!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Wickwood room...though small, it is SO cozy, very comfortable bed, and romantic. I...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MannyDana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

Well this was my first experience at a B & B and Jack & Donna make you feel right at home. Food was amazing! Service terrific. A nice place to be and just enjoy life with whomever your with! Wish I was still there! Going home to cook was hard after leaving. Come and visit! You won't be sorry! Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Morgan Hill, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

This was our second visit to Oliver Phelps since 2005. We were welcomed by Jack and Donna as soon as we arrived. I was surprised that they remembered our first visit! To say that this place is special is an understatement. From the moment you walk through the door you notice the attention to detail in a very comfortable, understated way. It truly feels like a home away from home. My husband and I were visiting for my neice's wedding ( a 5 day affair). Returning to Oliver Phelps after all the revelry was a welcome respite. The bedrooms are very cozy and comfortable with special amenities not often found in B&Bs. Some rooms even have fireplaces. We had reservations at the venue where my neice was getting married for the night of the wedding. Instead of having to pack all of our belongings, check out, only to check back in the day after the wedding, Jack and Donna generously allowed us to keep most of our belongings in our room without charge! What a convenience for us! Jack and Donna are very knowledgeable about the
surrounding attractions. AND what can I say about the breakfasts? Best I've ever had, bar none! Every day is something different and gourmet. Thank you again, Jack and Donna. We will definitely be back for a third visit!

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the house are away from road noise, although the road noise is not that bad!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Newmarket, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

This was my first experience at a Bed and Breakfast.....and I'm sure it will all be downhill from here! Because this B&B is very special...and what makes this place so special is Jack and Donna and how well they work together to make everyone feel so at home....in their home! The girls and I had a wonderful time and I'm sure we'll be back for more....if you'll have us crazy Canadians(+one Texan) again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Bristol, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

It was a wonderful experience at this B&B under the attentive (but not intrusive) care of Jack & Donna, in their beautiful home. You can walk to the shops downtown (less than a mile), and drive to the park on canandaigua lake(1 1/2 miles). There is ample common space for guest in the formal living room,dinning room and an additional family room. Breakfast is served in the dinning room which allows for sitting on your own or with guest or outside on the back porch in full view of the garden. Our room was small but very comfortable with quality bedding and a private bath next to the room off the main hall - bathrobes are provided - very nice touch. The breakfast is a multi-course gourmet experience with quality ingredients, wonderful presentation and just taste great! The house is immaculate and Jack & Donna offer wonderful suggesstions on how to enjoy the area. They were very gracious in letting my son and his girlfriend visit us for awhile (they were on there way to Niagara falls). We had a wonderful time relaxing time at this B&B.

Room Tip: I was a bit intimidated at first at how busy the road (four lanes) is where this B&B is located...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Madison, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

One of the top B&B's I have ever visited. Jack and Donna run a top notch B&B from the very comfortable rooms to the gourmet breakfast. They will assist you with any questions regarding sightseeing or restaurants. We have held a family reunion here three years running now and everyone loves the place!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Greenfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Oliver Phelps. It was just what I needed and wanted after a busy week. The hospitality couldn't have been better. I felt like an honored guest. It is a beautiful and peaceful place, quiet, comfortable and conveniently located. I recommend a stay there wholeheartedly. Sue B., Greenfield, MA

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo