“Beyond PERFECT, Get ready to be SPOILED”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canandaigua
Bella Rose Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 15 Canandaigua B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was by far, the BEST B and B we have ever stayed at and we have stayed at many all over the country. From the split second we walked in the door Renee and Chris greeted us with such a warm and welcoming hospitality that we immediately felt at home. They have an absolute gift of making their guests feel spoiled and pampered. It really is very difficult to address all the spectacular things they do to make you feel so at home and I was in awe. Their home is impeccable, tastefully decorated without being pretentious, our room was so comfortable and cozy and Renee thought of everything. I have stayed at numerous expensive places throughout the world and the linens on the bed and the towels were not as plush and luxurious as they were at the Bella Rose. I am a detail person and Renee and Chris just amazed me with the fine detail they have all over the home. The front porch and flower beds and gardens made me feel such serenity. And the FOOD. The food deserves a chapter of its own but I'll try to be brief. THIS will be the best breakfast you will ever have, hands down, anywhere. I was mad at myself that I didn't take pictures of the food as it was being presented. Renee needs to start her own cookbook. Again, the table was set with fine linens and my mouth is watering thinking about all the great things we were served. We need to make another trip back there just to have breakfast. Overall this place cannot get anything other than 5 stars. It was perfect. Thank you Renee and Chris and we will definitely be back next year or sooner if we can.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
loveinnlife, Owner at Bella Rose Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

L&L, thanks so much for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful unsolicited review! It warms our hearts to know that we helped make your vacation so memorable and enjoyable. I hope your second trip to Canandaigua won't be your last and we hope to see you both again sometime!

There are newer reviews for Bella Rose Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed August 2, 2013

It's hard to know where to start with this review. Should I rave about the food, the impeccable rooms, or the exceptional service? No detail is to small to have been thoughtfully planned out by Chris and Renee, the owners of this establishment. Everything is arranged for the comfort of the guests, and they are happy to make any arrangements you need, from hard-to-get dinner reservations on a Friday night to seeing if a they can make an arrangement with one of the museums that you want to see in the off-season. The breakfasts are skillfully prepared, and every element is delicious-- lunch is often unnecessary because the food is so good that you just can't put your fork down. The rooms are comfortable, beautifully decorated, and kept spotless, with everything laid out for the comfort of the guest. My husband and I were fortunate enough to spend our honeymoon here, and returned for our 5th anniversary. They were relatively new to the business on our first visit, so the spotless rooms and incredible service could have been attributed to that, but our recent visit shows that everything is equally wonderful and that it truly is an exceptional place. It says something that a huge part of what I was anticipating on the anniversary trip was getting to see the two of them- they are such warm, wonderful people it is no surprise their business reflects that. It is clear that the Bella Rose is a labor of love-- from the stunning 7-year restoration of the house to the inventively planned, thoughtfully sourced, and exquisitely presented breakfasts. Canandaigua is very lucky to have Chris and Renee as unofficial ambassadors. I'm not sure we would have returned to the area if it were not for them. We will surely be back again, and next time it will be far less than five years between visits! If you are considering staying in the area, I can assure you that you will not find a better place.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

The Bella Rose website suggests that you will be pampered – you will be. Having just returned from an exceptionally lovely weekend at the Bella Rose, we are reminded that innkeepers like Chris and Renee are why we go out of our way to stay at a bed and breakfast whenever possible. They are attentive without being overly so -- genuinely warm and happy spirits. This was our third visit to Canandaigua, but only the first to the Bella Rose. We’ll definitely return, and will schedule our trip around Bella Rose availability the next time.

We stayed in Evie's Chamber, and our room was immaculate, large by inn standards (a real closet!), a small sitting area with two comfy chairs, extra thick, fluffy towels in the bath (with jetted tub we unfortunately didn’t have time to enjoy) and Italian toiletries. Quiet and peaceful.

Excellent downtown restaurants and the remarkable Sonnenberg gardens are within walking distance – about a 15-20 minute leisurely walk, with impressive homes and interesting landmarks along the way. The inn is on a busy main street, but we were able to sit on the front porch after dinner Saturday evening and enjoy a baseball game on the radio.

Others remarked about the breakfast, and to this I add a word of gratitude for Renee’s incredible grace and kindness in providing elegant meals for the vegan in our party of four, including an amazing fresh multi-berry muffin that all of us enjoyed (so good that three of us asked for and received the recipe). This was in addition to serving everyone else at our table their normal gourmet fare – which as others have mentioned is far from normal. One hopes for fresh fruit, one doesn’t dream of a wedge of pineapple, creatively sliced within the outer rind, drizzled with a fresh raspberry coulis. The French toast was caramelized, served with a dollop of mascarpone, fresh mint, and perfectly cooked bacon; the second day the quiche was prepared with a potato crust, and roasted red pepper sauce. Tea drinkers will be pleased at the offering of a pot of loose-leaf tea.

All of it outstanding, and while it sounds like Renee is the creator behind these meals, it was a joy to walk into the kitchen for early coffee and see both Chris and Renee happily preparing our breakfast. They clearly are a team who love making guests feel comfortable and welcomed. We look forward to our next stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
loveinnlife, Owner at Bella Rose Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

NB, thank you so much for such a wonderful, heart-felt review! We sincerely appreciate the time you took to let us and others know how much your enjoyed your visit. It was such a pleasure having you all stay with us and we surely hope we get to see you again sometime! Thanks again!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband and I recently had a baby. I was getting ready to go back to work after my maternity leave and our 4 year anniversary was that weekend as well. I wanted to go away somewhere close to relax for the weekend before I went back to work. We had some friends that recommended us to stay the weekend here at Bella Rose. My husband was a little worried about staying at a bed at breakfast at first, he thought it was weird. But after staying there and meeting the owners and seeing the house and the stay in our room it totally changed his feeling about it. We stayed in the Ann Eliza's suite. The room was cozy and the bed was very comfortable. The whole house is beautiful and the Owners Chris and Renee are such wonderful people. They go out of there way to make sure you are taken care of and getting everything you need. The breakfast they cook is phenomenal, it keeps you full and energized for the day. They will call and make reservations for you at a restaurant of your choice. They really know how to run a bed and breakfast and would definitely recommend staying here for any occasion. You will not be disappointed. My husband and I have decided that we will be making another trip out to Canandaigua to stay here at Bella Rose again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks, Michelle, for choosing to spend your last weekend of "freedom" here before returning to work and for your glowing review of your visit. We do appreciate it and are thrilled to know you enjoyed your first B&B getaway! Now you'll have to do it again sometime -- and soon! Thanks again!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

My partner and I stumbled upong Bella Rose B&B and could not have been happier, or luckier! From the warm welcome we received from Renee and Chris as we strolled up the driveway we knew we were in the right place to enjoy our Canada Day long weekend. The home is immaculate, spacious, and very welcoming. The gardnes beautiful. We had the pleasure of staying in Evies Chamber, beautiful, bright, clean and comfortable are just the beginning, the bed lined with luxury linens, pillows a plenty certainly made for deep restful sleeps. After a perfect day playing golf in the area the deep soaker jetted tub is a real treat! Renee and Chris have a real sense for what their guests are looking for and pay close attention to detail. Their reccommendations were bang on for Lee & I, dinner at Erics Office was a perfect end to our day - very casual fine dining with exceptional friendly staff just a hop skip and a jump from the Inn. They promote and represent the Canandaigua area well, very passionate about their hometown and what it has to offer for sure. Cannandaigua has much to offer, it has Historical homes, shops, great dining, awesome golf at very reasonable prices, and a beautiful drive offers some beautiful Waterfront properties that will take your breath away! This is also Wine Country so some tasting, some tours are all here - and a wonderful selection of New York States Finest wine to return 'home' and sit on the porch to enjoy.
Bella Rose offers 5 star accommodations and over the top Breakfast - tough to describe however guaranteed not to disappoint! Renee is a wonderful cook with great presentation - I really do not think they missed a step, from a well stocked fridge of beverages and light snacks, to all the little amenities in your room in case you may have forgotten something. You need for nothing - it has it all! We will be returning this September for sure - however I will definitley make a reservation as it is a gem that I may not be lucky enough to sneak in a second time unexpected.

Room Tip: All 3 rooms are so beautiful, we had a peak into each. All have private washrooms and quality comfo...
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband and I spent a long weekend for our anniversary and couldn't have been happier. The hosts are the best we've experienced. So was the breakfast. Importantly, the place was immaculate - as perfect as our own home - and we are very particular! Thank you, Renee and Chris, for a beautiful weekend.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2013

When we travel, if possible, we always try and stay at a B&B. We have stayed in many between the US and Europe and I have to say this is our favorite! We travel to Canandaigua yearly to enjoy the area and for the last 4 years have stayed at the Bella Rose because after our first visit we knew we struck GOLD!

First, the atmosphere is quintessential B&B. The house is a beautiful Victorian. There is calm,soothing music piped in the common areas. The intricate craftsmanship in the warm, inviting fireplace, staircase, archways, dinning room and throughout are amazing. The house is decorated beautifully too with such class with its rich brocades and velvets in the furniture along with lace and fringe characterized in the window treatments. We have always stayed in Nelle's Hideaway, their smallest room, but find it provides everything we need. A cozy, comfortable bed with lovely linens, large, soft towels, nice toiletries, and ladies if you forgot your makeup removal, there is even makeup removal sheets provided.

Now for the food. I challenge anyone who can find a better breakfast. Three scrumptious courses. First a pastry course, then a fruit course, then your main entrée. All beautifully presented on an elegant table setting. One word AMAZING! Renee makes everything from scratch and explains what you are eating as if you are in a 5 star restaurant. The breakfast not only tastes phenomenal but is very filling. You will not leave the table hungry. Of course you always have your choice of several varieties of juices, herbal teas or coffee if you like.

The true reason why we come back year after year however is because of the innkeepers , Renee and Chris! This couple does a B&B right. Their hospitality is unbeatable. From making dinner reservations, to driving directions, to suggestions on what to see or do in the area, they help make for a stress free get away. They are terrific concierges. More importantly, they make you feel truly comfortable and at home throughout your stay. Its evident that they genuinely love what they do. I can't wait to our next visit!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple