“Wonderful Experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canandaigua
Bella Rose Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 15 Canandaigua B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband and I recently had a baby. I was getting ready to go back to work after my maternity leave and our 4 year anniversary was that weekend as well. I wanted to go away somewhere close to relax for the weekend before I went back to work. We had some friends that recommended us to stay the weekend here at Bella Rose. My husband was a little worried about staying at a bed at breakfast at first, he thought it was weird. But after staying there and meeting the owners and seeing the house and the stay in our room it totally changed his feeling about it. We stayed in the Ann Eliza's suite. The room was cozy and the bed was very comfortable. The whole house is beautiful and the Owners Chris and Renee are such wonderful people. They go out of there way to make sure you are taken care of and getting everything you need. The breakfast they cook is phenomenal, it keeps you full and energized for the day. They will call and make reservations for you at a restaurant of your choice. They really know how to run a bed and breakfast and would definitely recommend staying here for any occasion. You will not be disappointed. My husband and I have decided that we will be making another trip out to Canandaigua to stay here at Bella Rose again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
loveinnlife, Owner at Bella Rose Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thanks, Michelle, for choosing to spend your last weekend of "freedom" here before returning to work and for your glowing review of your visit. We do appreciate it and are thrilled to know you enjoyed your first B&B getaway! Now you'll have to do it again sometime -- and soon! Thanks again!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

My partner and I stumbled upong Bella Rose B&B and could not have been happier, or luckier! From the warm welcome we received from Renee and Chris as we strolled up the driveway we knew we were in the right place to enjoy our Canada Day long weekend. The home is immaculate, spacious, and very welcoming. The gardnes beautiful. We had the pleasure of staying in Evies Chamber, beautiful, bright, clean and comfortable are just the beginning, the bed lined with luxury linens, pillows a plenty certainly made for deep restful sleeps. After a perfect day playing golf in the area the deep soaker jetted tub is a real treat! Renee and Chris have a real sense for what their guests are looking for and pay close attention to detail. Their reccommendations were bang on for Lee & I, dinner at Erics Office was a perfect end to our day - very casual fine dining with exceptional friendly staff just a hop skip and a jump from the Inn. They promote and represent the Canandaigua area well, very passionate about their hometown and what it has to offer for sure. Cannandaigua has much to offer, it has Historical homes, shops, great dining, awesome golf at very reasonable prices, and a beautiful drive offers some beautiful Waterfront properties that will take your breath away! This is also Wine Country so some tasting, some tours are all here - and a wonderful selection of New York States Finest wine to return 'home' and sit on the porch to enjoy.
Bella Rose offers 5 star accommodations and over the top Breakfast - tough to describe however guaranteed not to disappoint! Renee is a wonderful cook with great presentation - I really do not think they missed a step, from a well stocked fridge of beverages and light snacks, to all the little amenities in your room in case you may have forgotten something. You need for nothing - it has it all! We will be returning this September for sure - however I will definitley make a reservation as it is a gem that I may not be lucky enough to sneak in a second time unexpected.

Room Tip: All 3 rooms are so beautiful, we had a peak into each. All have private washrooms and quality comfo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband and I spent a long weekend for our anniversary and couldn't have been happier. The hosts are the best we've experienced. So was the breakfast. Importantly, the place was immaculate - as perfect as our own home - and we are very particular! Thank you, Renee and Chris, for a beautiful weekend.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2013

When we travel, if possible, we always try and stay at a B&B. We have stayed in many between the US and Europe and I have to say this is our favorite! We travel to Canandaigua yearly to enjoy the area and for the last 4 years have stayed at the Bella Rose because after our first visit we knew we struck GOLD!

First, the atmosphere is quintessential B&B. The house is a beautiful Victorian. There is calm,soothing music piped in the common areas. The intricate craftsmanship in the warm, inviting fireplace, staircase, archways, dinning room and throughout are amazing. The house is decorated beautifully too with such class with its rich brocades and velvets in the furniture along with lace and fringe characterized in the window treatments. We have always stayed in Nelle's Hideaway, their smallest room, but find it provides everything we need. A cozy, comfortable bed with lovely linens, large, soft towels, nice toiletries, and ladies if you forgot your makeup removal, there is even makeup removal sheets provided.

Now for the food. I challenge anyone who can find a better breakfast. Three scrumptious courses. First a pastry course, then a fruit course, then your main entrée. All beautifully presented on an elegant table setting. One word AMAZING! Renee makes everything from scratch and explains what you are eating as if you are in a 5 star restaurant. The breakfast not only tastes phenomenal but is very filling. You will not leave the table hungry. Of course you always have your choice of several varieties of juices, herbal teas or coffee if you like.

The true reason why we come back year after year however is because of the innkeepers , Renee and Chris! This couple does a B&B right. Their hospitality is unbeatable. From making dinner reservations, to driving directions, to suggestions on what to see or do in the area, they help make for a stress free get away. They are terrific concierges. More importantly, they make you feel truly comfortable and at home throughout your stay. Its evident that they genuinely love what they do. I can't wait to our next visit!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Finding ourselves in the area for the third family wedding in four years, we decided to repeat a memorable 2011 stay at Bella Rose. We were not disappointed. Renee and Chris are great hosts and work hard to ensure your comfort by providing a spotlessly clean, comfortable, and quiet getaway. My husband was leaving too early for breakfast one morning (his loss) and Renee very kindly made him up a "brown bag" breakfast that included one of her incredible breakfast baked goodies. The location is great as fine dining is a walk away - Eric's Office and Rio Tamatlan were the two we hit up and both well worth the walk. I won't repeat all the raves about the breakfast except to say that my first morning back home I almost cried when I sat down to my bowl of ho-hum oatmeal. Renee and Chris set a VERY high standard!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Celebrating our 28th wedding anniversary at the Bella Rose B&B was more then we could have ever expected. Chris & Renee were exceptional hosts that made our first B&B experience one that we will never forget. Their kindness and caring showed in their effort to give us a memorable anniversary getaway that we will cherish for a long time, From their meticulously kept home, their world class breakfast, and their directions and knowledge of the area we could never ask for a better place to stay.
They leave a small notebook next to the bed that guests have left notes in. Even after having read 74 excellent reviews on this site about the Bella Rose, I was amazed to read the overwhelmingly countless number of messages noting how perfect their stay was. I would highly recommend the Bella Rose B&B to anyone looking to be treated like a king and queen.
We will definitely be back!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David224224
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My husband and I chose to stay at this B&B for the week of our wedding in Canandaigua. The first morning we woke up and had a midday appointment at our wedding venue and a very busy day to follow. Within 10 minutes of leaving the property Chris calls my husband irate that we had dogs and immediately evicted us, didn't give a damn that they were service dogs and the fines he could acquire when we report the discrimination to the ADA. We barely got through our 1 hour meeting without being terrified that he would be packing our stuff up, including our (very small) dogs and throwing it out on the front lawn. Mind you, I legally do not have to get prior acceptance or even tell a public venue that I have a service animal with me. The dogs were also in a play pen, not roaming around the room on the bed or furniture. There was no reason whatsoever for them to enter our room, especially the second we left, it was an invasion of privacy. We did not ask for the room to be made up and clearly that's why they don't have not disturb signs, so they can justify barging in. B&B or not, this is a business establishment... If you choose to charge people hundreds of dollars a night to stay at your establishment then you need to treat them as paying customers and run like a hotel as that's what you are, you don't get to change the rules because you live in the back half of the house. My opinion is if your that protective over your property and every last thing your customers do then you don't have the right personality to be running a hotel. Just because your a boutique establishment and serve a home cooked breakfast doesn't mean you can dictate and not follow the laws of everyone else.

Renee was nowhere to be found after the incident, assuming she was humiliated by her husbands virbally violent behavior. Chris had absolutely no compassion what so ever and made us immediately vacate the premises. And when I say immediately, I mean he wanted us to postpone our appointment with our wedding venue and immediately come back and get out. I have NEVER in my life been treated like a piece of trash from any establishment where I've brought my service animals. I have been allover the world with them, on planes, cruise ships, restaurants, etc. I also have never been spoken to in such an angry and unprofessional manner. And thats the part that was most surprising, the anger and not being reasonable and allowing us a few hours to find other accommodations.

To top off the abuse, Chris proceeded to immediately charge our credit card a $500 cleaning fee, & an unauthorized charge at that as we never signed any contract. Not to mention, NOBODY charges $500 for a cleaning fee, its always $350 if u do something in a room your not supposed to. Which not only is violating the ADA but also heartless to do to a couple getting married in 5 days, as if kicking us out on the street wasn't enough. He clearly really wanted to stick it to us. The room not only had no sign of a dog ever setting foot in there but barely people at that, as I am very neat & hang my towels and make the bed.

Chris's behavior was not only the most unprofessional behavior I have ever experienced in my entire existence but his anger towards us as he demanded we come back and vacate at once and waited at the door and base of the stairs as we stuffed our belongings into our 4 large suitcases like the place was on fire. Watched my husband lugg 4 heavy large suitcases down the staircase as he literally stood there by the door waiting to close it on our behinds as we walked out.

We called the cops and they immediately came and we filed a police report, the officer was in agreeance with us and made the report so we would have a case against them. Unfortunately the police can't do anything regarding discrimination but the ADA certaintly can.

Disgusted, absolutely disgusted that there is such cruelty in this world.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank GabrielleCapo
loveinnlife, Owner at Bella Rose Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

There are two sides to every story…

First of all, this incident occurred nearly two years ago (July 2011) and this review has been embellished over time. Now for the facts:

1. We own a small three-room B&B and clearly state on our website and confirmation letters that we accept no children or pets. This is to ensure cleanliness and quiet for all our guests. Knowing this is our policy, they said NOT a word regarding having animals to us. Not on the phone the several times they called about wedding plans nor by e-mail. Nothing.
2. As a small B&B in a residential area with fewer than five rooms, we are exempt from complying with ADA requirements, including accepting service and/or therapy animals. This is a fact. Our B&B is not a hotel, not a commercial property, not a plane, cruise ship or restaurant. Not a public place. It is our private home.
3. When they arrived we asked if we could help them with their luggage. They had a lot. They declined. There was no mention of having dogs.
4. The first morning, he came to breakfast. She arrived much later, having negotiated a full flight of stairs in a mini skirt with high heels with ease. They left for their appointment more than an hour late. There was no mention of having dogs.
5. Yes, we clean the rooms and surely for a seven-night stay (which this was going to be) they had to expect we would enter the room to restock towels, change sheets, empty trash, etc. If guests ask that we do not enter the room, we respect that wish. It is also noted in the room that we provide housekeeping service daily.
6. When we entered the room to clean, we were confronted with three dogs growling and barking in a playpen lined with pads for their “business”. Service dogs do not behave this way, but rather are well-trained, docile and in the company of their owners. These out-of-control Chihuahuas were nothing of the sort and scared us half to death.
7. The guests were immediately called and asked for an explanation. We were told that they were service dogs and that they always traveled with them because the woman was “legally blind”. When asked why was this such a big secret they said they knew our policy of no pets and they didn’t want to bring it up because they were service animals and we had no choice but to accept them. They were told to return.
8. When they returned, we questioned the “legally blind” statement since no one even wore glasses. The man changed their story of the dogs being service animals to being therapy animals, saying the woman had emotional issues.
9. Once again we were informed of their rights and that we had to allow the therapy dogs to remain. We chose to have them leave immediately for the comfort and safety of all our guests.
10. We could have charged them for their entire stay as well as the cleaning fee, but we chose to charge them only for the one night they stayed with us as well the day they left. The room was out of service for two additional days due to the extensive cleaning required. They were not charged for those days. The charge was never contested.

Yes, we felt angry, violated and deceived. We have an obligation to all our guests to uphold to what we promise – a comfortable, clean, pet-free and child-free environment. These people did not care about anything or anyone but themselves, and truly use the service dog “system” to their benefit. Anyone can buy those papers to prove their position when convenient. It’s unfortunate that some people feel the need to give the service animal system a bad name by abusing it for their own gain no matter what the consequences or who gets in their way.