“Bland”

Bristol Harbour's Lodge Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bristol Harbour's Lodge Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 106 Restaurants in Canandaigua
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2013

There was slow service and over-priced, bland food. There also weren't a lot of choices. I would recommend eating in down town canandaigua.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

My husband and I go to Bristol at least 2 or 3 times a month. I never know what to expect. We were there just a few weeks ago with 4 other people and had a wonderful meal with wonderful service. Last night, was different. Our server was overwhelmed and because she was overwhelmed, we suffered. Everyone around us received a basket of roles as soon as they sat. We had to ask. It took quite some time to even get asked what we would like for a drink. Finally we got our wine, in tiny wine glasses. We ordered a salad to share because salads do not come with your dinner. We had only had about 2 bites and there was our dinner. I said that it was awful fast, and her answer was that the restaurant was getting busy so they had to rush ours out. Why didn't all the other people around us who had ordered before us get theirs first? Just because the kitchen, or the server feels rush, WE shouldn't. For the amount of money it costs to dine there, we should not be rushed! Also, the side dish that came with mine was so horrible, I wouldn't feed it to starving people. I mentioned that to her also, well, I said it wasn't very good. Her answer to that was that it was probably a strange texture and at least I tried it. You've got to be kidding.
We usually eat at the bar and have always had a good experience. I think if and when we go back, we will stick to the bar!

1  Thank Robin D
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We usually try to come here once a year when we are visiting the area, and sad to say, it was a big disappointment this year. I made a restaurant two weeks in advance for the end seats overlooking the stunning vista of Canandaigua Lake for a special occasion at the end of August. When we arrived we got a not so nice reception from the hostess letting us know that if we had more than 4 people, we could not sit at the end tables since they are "not set up this way". That could have easily been communicated when we made the reservation! After asking for the next closest table for 5, another hostess had to step in and suggest we be seated at an open table for six close to the overlook. Once our waitress took our drink order, it took nearly 20 minutes to get our drinks. Food once it arrived was overall very good, but our empty glasses sat another 15 minutes before we were even asked if we would like another. Once were were finished with dinner, we had to wait quite a while for the check and after waiting ANOTHER 20 minutes for the waitress to take our check, we gave up and went inside to pay at the bar, only to be told that the bar staff cannot take the payment. Another hostess stepped up and started to ring us out when our waitress came back in, stated that she was "busy delivering water" to another table (where were the bus boys???) and right in front of us took over the ringing out of our bill from the hostess and did not seem too pleased about it. Really? Once I am finished with my dinner and drinks, I really don't want to wait another half hour to pay and check out. I was a waitress for many years, and I was really appalled at the poor service we received. The view is great, the food was good, but sad to say after 25 years of going to Bristol Harbor, that will probably be our last visit. Unless, of course, I make my reservation under the name "Wegman". The saddest part is when you are treating family and friends to a special occasion and you walk away feeling like it was nothing special at all.

2  Thank yardgirlsue
Reviewed August 25, 2013

A friend recommended that we try the Bristol Harbor Restaurant and we’re glad they did. The food was good, the portions generous, the service was great and the view was beautiful. The only thing that was not a plus were the hard metal chairs. If the chairs were comfortable, the establishment probably wouldn’t be able to get people to leave. A great place to have lunch on a beautiful summer day. We can’t wait to try it in the fall when the leaves are changing.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We had breakfast and dinner at the lodge. The menu has everything from Filet to burgers. We all loved the lobster bisque! Service was fantastic and lakeview is spectacular.