“Dinner”

Casa DE Pasta
Ranked #5 of 103 Restaurants in Canandaigua
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Canandaigua, New York
“Dinner”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Went there on the 20th for an early dinner. First of all the place is nice, however, it was so dark we had to use a candle and a small light from a key ring to read the menu, (another table came in and they were using lights from cell phones to read the menu)
Waitress was quick and checked often on us.
HOWEVER, we ordered the lasagna, it had great taste, BUT the sauce and dish was so salty we couldn't finish it. My wife brought hers home and tossed it out, I left mine with the waitress to dump.
Probley won't go back to this place. Told my daughter about it when we got home and she said the last time her and friends went the salt was heavy too.
SOMEONE needs to lighten up when they cook sauce, it ruined a good meal We were just thankful we had a gift certificate rather than spending our money on that dinner.
This place use to be very good, it is obvious the new owners don't know how to taste test and actually make a great sauce.

• Visited November 2013

Altoona, Pennsylvania
“/no longer good”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We have been going to Casa de Pasta for twenty years. The last two times the quality was way,way down(very small portions also). My 110lb. wife came away hungary. The new menu and new cook are terrible. Their red sauce was almost tasteless. We will wait another twenty years until we return

• Visited September 2013
Greensboro, NC
“Small but cozy”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We just arrived in the finger lakes from North Carolina and were hungry and tired. I had the linguini with white clam sause and thought it was fantastic. The salad was very fresh and the house dressing great. My husband had the lasagna and really enjoyed it. I also had a vodka martini which was so great I had two. I liked the idea of having them bring some of the martini in a caraff. I would definitely come back again.

• Visited October 2013
Canandaigua NY
“Great”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The food was very good get the mac and chese for a side it is very good.The retaurant is very crowded and rather loud,but the food isworth it.

• Visited September 2013
Niagara
“Good value”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Our meals were good (perhaps over sauced) and large. The room is very noisy but the prices quite reasonable.

Visited September 2013