“Comfortable great dining”

Add it.
Captain Yogi's
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Read the ad in the pennysaver and decided to give it a shot. Glad we did, we had the Bermuda Triangle and steamed clams. Yes, we will go back. Guess they have a live band on Saturday nights. Oh, and you bring your own drinks :) How economical is THAT?

There are newer reviews for Captain Yogi's

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Staff was friendly and attentive, food was fresh and cooked well. There were a couple of specials that were fantastic. Try the Captain's Platter if it's just two of you, plenty of food for two people.

Reviewed July 9, 2011

I have been taking my family to the fish shanty for years. I would encourage anyone to go and try the captain's platter. Absolutely fantastic. This restuarant has incredible service, food, and atmosphere. The review above does not indicate the typical experience at the shanty. I strongly recommend this restuarant. Great food at a fair price. OUTSTANDING overall!

Reviewed June 29, 2011

Our family went out for supper on our last night on vacation. To get specific, the fish was freezerburnt, with a slight rancid taste. ABSOLUTELY terrible. The fried shrimp had an ammonia like taste. our french fries were cold, the service was more worried about themselves than their customers. Overall the food and service was terrible along with the price, which we should have not paid. This is the honest truth, no joke. So please go somewhere other than Captain Yogi's "Fish" Shanty. Everyone has there own opinion, my opinion is that it is a fact that it is bad.

To the owner ,which I believe is Nancy.... "Nancy, it was NASTY!!!

PS. The captains sampler is very big. The leftovers that we have are going to feed the Carp of Canandaigua Lake

Reviewed October 16, 2010

My wife & I spent a weekend recently at the finger lakes. After giving the casino our money, we decided that it was time for some dinner. We read the reviews by others on Trip Advisor about "Captin Yogi's", & decided to give it a try. It was a very cool night for early Oct. We arrived around 7:30 PM. At first we drove right by it. We were looking for a sign saying "Captin Yogi's", but I think the sign read "The Fish Shanty". Parking is kind of limited. But with that said the place isn't very big. They have a place to eat outside, which looks like it would be fun in the summer, but like I said it was rather cool.
Walking in I did see a sign "Captin Yogi's" on the outside rear of the building.
When you walk in the registers to your right. Toward your left is a counter where the food is brought & behind is the kitchen. I'm guessing that there are somewhere around 12 tables inside. We were seated at a table for 2 near the kitchen. There is a partition seperating the 2 eating areas inside. Behide the partition is an all you can eat salad bar.
While the choices aren't many, they are very fresh. Great cole slaw, muffins & bread!
My wife ordered scallops & garlic potatoes. I had the fried captins platter & garlic potatoes both were very filling. We weren't going to order dessert because of being full, but it was one of the waitress's birthday and one of the other ladies made a large cream puff pastry for her. They sang "Happy birthday" to her & to our surprise before they brought the bill (Which was cheap!) they brought us both 2 LARGE pieces of the cream puff!.
They said "Enjoy, you have to have some"
My wife kindly declined saying that she was too full. They wouldn't take no for an answer. They got her a container to put it in to take along with her.
This was clearly a place where everyone seemed to like there job & got along!
They even gave us the recipe for the cream puff (Yum!)
This was our anniversery weekend & the "Fish Shanty & their stafff made it a little special before they even knew about it.

1  Thank BoyertownMusik