“great Italian deli!”

Casa Italiana
Ranked #14 of 107 Restaurants in Canandaigua
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Wonderful Italian deli with take out pizza attached. Great assortment of all things Italian and much is homemade.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

The only place where I'll buy Italian sausage. We love the sweet sausage at the Casa. It's fresh, tasty and never greasy. Whether I use it in my sauce or grill it, we always find the sausage just right.

Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

This is a real gem to have in our town. I'm from NYC and had great Italian deli's- this place competes!! Subs are outstanding, always on fresh rolls. Today I found out the pizza is the best in Canandaigua. Crispy home-made crust made me feel like I was in Italy.
Prices are low- lunch special was two slices+ soda $5, and sub, chips, drink ate under $6.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stop by every couple months. Their subs are good. It is really more of food store though; if you cook Italian it is a must stop. There is some kind of restaurant attached to it, but it has never been open when I have been there.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Casa Italiana is famous in and around Canandaigua for the best Italian submarines sandwiches - by far. They literally kick the behind of the "subs" sold at the Wegman's Sub Shop (cheaper and superior in ingredients and taste). Kind of a David vs. Goliath story. (The best sub is the prosciutto with onions, tomatoes and a little olive oil.) But there is much more than sandwiches/subs for reasons to go to Casa Italiana. When you come in spend some time in the aisles. The quality of the foods, many imported from Italy, is wonderful. The prices are a fraction of Eataly in NYC. Not the same high end but do you need a $50 bottle of balsamic vinegar? Observe the banter and interaction between the servers and the customers. Notice the happiness and the joking. Happy people make for a better experience. Some of the foods are specially imported. The Romano cheese from Crete is amazing. The olives are several dollars cheaper than Wegman's. There is homemade ricotta and mozzarella. They are bringing in high end Italian dried pastas now. And Michelle makes homemade soups that are the real deal. The next door pizza shop is very good - when open. I have a special tip - while during the week the Martricello's Italian bread is the clear choice - but on Sundays John comes in early and he makes his own bread. It is a traditional style, heavier grain Italian, more like a peasant bread. And it is to die for. Indeed, the Sunday subs on that bread are the pinnacle. When I can make the trek on a Sunday, I buy several loaves and freeze them. This place is beautiful inside and out, has quick service, has a nice seating area, is expanding into catering and is independently owned. This is a real Italian deli and we are lucky to have it in this depressing age of chain restaurants and alleged "restaurants" in grocery stores.

1  Thank Mark D