“Ugh.”

The Shore at The Inn on the Lake
Reserve with OpenTable
The Shore at The Inn on the Lake is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 107 Restaurants in Canandaigua
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Shore is our featured restaurant for fine dining in a classic setting with a view of Canandaigua Lake. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, you will enjoy delightful cuisine all year round.
Reviewed August 14, 2014

It had potential. A beautiful setting overlooking the lake on a Saturday afternoon,and a lunch that tells me to never go back, at least not any time soon. I brought a friend from Washington to show her our area, and we decided to have lunch here. I ordered a chicken salad sandwich on a croissant. The chicken salad was dry and tasteless, and the croissant STALE. When I told the waitress, she said she would make sure to "tell the kitchen." She saw that I only ate about 1/4 of my meal, and did not offer something else. Frenchfries came with the meal, but I asked if I could have a small serving of fruit instead - yes I could -- if I paid more money. No, I will not return anytime soon.

3  Thank minesafety
There are newer reviews for The Shore at The Inn on the Lake

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Our dinner at the shore bar/restaurant had an exceptional view ...but dismal food. Only 2/5 in our group rated their food as acceptable. This is the second try.....and our last visit. My chicken caesar salad had tough, dry chicken. Two other meals were were mediocre to poor.
Service was excellent. My dinner was taken off the bill
Been a customer for years!

1  Thank MPO1
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Love to eat outside so the patio was a great spot for lunch. Dinner is also available. Staff was very friendly.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

We were very happy with the food,delicious. I had read some not so good reviews, so wondered how the food would be. We had a great table at the outdoor patio,beautiful view of the lake and the service was fine

1  Thank Maid40
Reviewed July 14, 2014

They seem to provide molasses as a side to every dish on the breakfast menu -- perhaps staff gets stuck in it? The Restaurant is extremely reasonably priced for breakfast, especially for a hotel, and the views are wonderful.

There's plenty of time to enjoy the view as service is insanely slow if you sit outside. Breakfast menu was delicious and the buffet was reasonably fresh. A good option if you don't want to wonder off property first thing.