“Consistent Food, Great location”

The Shore at The Inn on the Lake
Reserve with OpenTable
The Shore at The Inn on the Lake is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 107 Restaurants in Canandaigua
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Shore is our featured restaurant for fine dining in a classic setting with a view of Canandaigua Lake. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, you will enjoy delightful cuisine all year round.
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We decided to celebrate some winnings from the local casino and people asked for a nice place to eat. I suggested The Shore since it was right on the water and the food is very good. We were not disappointed!
Be sure if you plan on going during the summer that you make a reservation. They apparently only make enough reservations so they can put people outside if requested, but have the inside available in case the weather turns.
We chose a Saturday night where the lot was packed and the location was even busier (apparently several weddings were being enjoyed at the same time we were there). Our server was just okay (appeared to be the hostess filling in on a very busy night), but the location and the food made up for it. The portions were good size (each of us had take homes and that is unusual for me!) and the food really was very good.
Looking out over the water and all the activity on the grounds was fun. They have another bar and snack area that was just packed with people all night long (we never felt we were staying too long at our table), and there was a large tent that appeared to be hosting a wedding reception. Lots of activity!
The restaurant is clean and appears updated. It is easy to enjoy. But I should mention that while we waited in the bar area, it was apparent that parts of the hotel need some updating. The furniture was getting worn and even parts of the ceiling had shown it had been awhile since it had seen attention. This did not impact our dinner- it's just a side note.

2  Thank James R

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Loved this place. The food and ambiance was amazing, you just can't beat the view of the lake. Our server, Dana, definitely made our whole experience, she was excellent! It was beyond our expectations, can't wait to go back!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Our dinner the other night was fantastic! I could have dined on just the rolls alone! Each of us had a great meal and the service was excellent. It's nice to be able to enjoy fine dining but in an atmosphere that feels warm and relaxing. Looking forward to dinner and drinks there again soon

Reviewed March 9, 2014

My husband and I live in Pittsford, NY and thought we would get away for the weekend but stay close to home. Steve was incredibly friendly and helpful, probably the best experience i have ever had checking into a hotel. The room was clean, a nice size but a little left to be desired. VERY tired decor especially for the price I was paying. Not realizing how out dated the rooms were I would have rather stayed down the road at the New Holiday Inn. With that being said the restaurant and lounge was a very nice surprise. My husband and I decided to have a drink in the lounge before dinner, Mike was very knowledgeable and the wine selection was outstanding as it should be in the finger lakes wine country. Food was just as good to match. Menu seemed to have a rustic Italian theme with plenty of seafood options. I opted for the Angry Sailors Pasta which was full of shrimp and scallops and seasoned PERFECTLY!! My husband had the Pork Pot Roast dish, melt in your mouth with EXCELLENT flavor. For dessert we indulged in the homemade cheesecake in pastry, some of the BEST and I mean BEST cheesecake I have ever had..and I'm not a huge fan of cheesecake. As I'm writing this my mouth is watering thinking of the cheesecake. All in all, The Inn on the Lake was fantastic, I will definitely be back to eat again in the restaurant but not so sure if I would spend the money on the out dated rooms.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

The food can be very good or very bad. They seem to get a new chef every few months, and the quality of the food changes dramatically with each change. A year ago they got a new chef and a new menu, and the meals were outstanding. But it seems he left. This past December the food was quite good, but then about January the menu changed, and the food has been bad. Pork tenderloin had such gristle we couldn't cut it with a steak knife. One of the seafood specials was so buried in a huge mound of spaghetti and marinara sauce that we could barely find the shrimp and few bay scallops. Prime rib special was very tough. It seems they are making things cheap because business is slow in the winter.
They have coupons to encourage off-season business, but we're not even going to use them.

3  Thank wiuvtiepvuwp