“Great view and great food!”

The Shore at The Inn on the Lake
Reserve with OpenTable
The Shore at The Inn on the Lake is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 107 Restaurants in Canandaigua
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Shore is our featured restaurant for fine dining in a classic setting with a view of Canandaigua Lake. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, you will enjoy delightful cuisine all year round.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I came her for a late lunch with my husband and we truly enjoyed ourselves. They have a great selection of wine by the glass (good for lunch), as well as a good variety of craft beers for the hubs. The view was beautiful and the food was just what we needed on to refresh on a lazy sunday afternoon. We were treated well by all the staff, from hostess to bus boy and we can't wait to go back for dinner.

There are newer reviews for The Shore at The Inn on the Lake

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I went in to this restaurant with my sister, first there was a funky smell in the hallway, then it took forever to get service in a mostly empty dining room. The steak I ordered was burned on the outside and raw in the middle. When I complained they dismissed me as crazy. I will never eat here again. Ever.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

My wife and I went for are 4th anniversary. It was terrible. They didn't bring out my wife's order when everyone else at our table got served. We waited 15 mins for her scallops and shrimp meal. When the server arrived she poured the scampi on my wife's shirt. And to make it worse they served my wife Raw scallops and she is 6 months pregnant. Don't waste your time and your money. Overpriced, bad service only nice thing was the view of the lake. They didn't offer anything either for there bad service and raw food.

2  Thank RyanPatterson
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

We had reservations at 6:00pm for three people. We got seated as soon as we got to the restaurant. We ordered appetizers and drinks. Our food was cooked to perfection. It took a bit longer than normal but we were not in a rush, it was not a big deal. We will absolutely be back when we are in town.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

My wife and I visited this restaurant last fall (see review from 2012), and while our food was quite good, the service on our first visit was somewhat lacking. We picked up another discount coupon to The Shore from Restaurant.com, and with the weather finally turning nice we decided to give it another try.

We arrived at 6:15 to a completely empty dining room - as in not a single table inside the restaurant was occupied. Seeing that the outdoor patio was open, we decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and eat outside. The lake made a great backdrop, and the wedding reception taking place outside provided our mealtime entertainment. Our servers were prompt and attentive, and although it took a little longer than I felt necessary for our appetizer to arrive, everything that followed was delivered at just the right moment.

As for the food itself - it was nothing short of spectacular. We split an order of calamari, which was just as tasty as we had remembered it being. Instead of salads this time we opted for the bisque, which was velvety and had just the right amount of seafood. We would definitely order this again. As for the entree, we both opted for the 16 oz gorgonzola crusted ribeye that was on special - and special it was! The gorgonzola provided just the right compliment to the perfectly cooked steak, not too overpowering but not so subtle that you couldn't taste it. My wife paid the steak the ultimate compliment by not requesting any A1 or putting salt and pepper on it (no matter how good the steak, she always requests A1 and puts salt and pepper on it).

We will definitely go back again before the end of the summer. Outstanding food, great atmosphere, and now service to match. Can't wait for our third visit here!