“Canandaigua Lake restaurant”

Dining options: Reservations
Norwalk, Connecticut
“Canandaigua Lake restaurant”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Schooners has just reopened at the head of Canandaigua Lake. Nice ambience- very nice, reasonably priced for a family.7 of us sat at a big round table and enjoyed good service. I had the stuffed haddock and it was good. Others had the salmon and liked it. Nothing fancy but quite pleasant.

1 Thank poppyphh

Canandaigua, New York
“Disappointed”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We decided to revisit schooners after they reopened following the fire and remodeling. The only thing that looked new was the carpet. The bathrooms are old and worn down. Maybe the kitchen was remodeled but that is misleading to present as if the inside is new. When we looked at the menu, we noticed the prices increased which surprised us, the salmon Mediterranean was 20 dollars. Way too high for this place. The next disappoint was when the bread came.....wait it wasn't the nice hot bread, they were stale rolls that tasted like cardboard with foil packets of butter. When I go out I want to get things I dont get at home. I can by rolls like that at Walmart. We used to enjoy the fresh bread and butter bowl. Wow....schooners has changed but for the worse.....so sorry for the bad review but with Nolan's and the Inn on the lake and the culinary center, time to step it up if you want consistent business... Maybe we will try you again, maybe not

New York, United States
“Dissatisfied”
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Service was slow. My husband had a small portion of haddock that was just ok. I had eggplant parm, eggplant was greasy and mushy. I had to ask for a fresh salad , the first salad had brown lettuce that they tried to hide under a few fresh pieces of lettuce. Had to flag waitress down every time we needed something. Never stopped by the table to see if we wanted something. Gave us the wrong check.

Lyons, New York
“Nice bar but thats where it ends.”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I dined at Schooners with my family on a Friday night. The restaurant was busy but not packed and we were put on a wait list to be seated. There were open tables throughout the restaurant so there was either a lack of wait staff (which would make sense with the service we received after being seated) or the hostess didn't want to bother with us at the moment. My husband and I waited in the bar area with our two children. The bartender was very friendly and gave quick service. There was crackers and cheese spread on a table and chex mix on the bar. As we waited for 10 minutes for a table, I watched other families without children walk in and be seated. We eventually were seated and received poor service from the server. We had to ask for things numerous times because she would forget. Our drinks were completely gone and she never came back to the table after taking the order for at least 15 minutes so we finally had to stop her as she was rushing by our table and request another drink. Our food was good but the menu has changed since we last dined there and the prices have increased and the selection has decreased. I ate the jumbo broiled shrimp and they were large but for a side there were 3 small salt potatoes, for that price we could have gone elsewhere and received a lot more food. The server never came back to check how our dinner was going until we were almost finished. Families traveling with infants or toddlers should know there are no changing tables so a baby has to be taken to the car to be changed.

• Visited May 2013
Rochester, New York
“Reasonable Lunch on a Winter Day”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Went with 2 colleagues for lunch on a wintery Friday, Service was good, the fish fry average. The "kid" on the desk at the door and his ballcap didn't portray a good image. Waitress was far better.

• Visited February 2013