“Fantastic food at affordable prices!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Lock's Stock & Barrel
Ranked #57 of 108 Restaurants in Canandaigua
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stopped by on a recent trip through the scenic valley to check out the Fall foliage. The place was packed so we decided to eat at the bar area where we had an ice cold pitcher of beer and then our bartended recommended the Scallops Chester, which are not to be missed. Scallops wrapped in bacon and sprinkled with cheese in a wine sauce. Holy Moly...deliciousness in a dish!!
I ordered the pulled pork which our friendly bartender said is smoked on the premises. It was the best I've ever had. Served with bbq sauce and two sides. I had the baked beans, highly recommended, and coleslaw. My friend had an Angus Burger which he seemed to enjoy with crispy French fries. It didn't take too long to get our food even with the high volume of customers. We will DEFINITELY be making this a frequent stop whenever we head South from the city. If you get the chance, stop in and try those scallops...excellent!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

The best place to stop for some cold drinks, and awesome food plus located in the most scenic views of the fingerlake region. Hands down the cleanest restaurant and very friendly staff including the owner who bent over backwords to make sure everything was ok . Plan to return for sure !

1  Thank Frank D
Reviewed August 17, 2013

There should be a ZERO out of 5 for places like this.....because 1 is too complementary. The downhill slide has stopped because this place is AT THE BOTTOM. S-l-o-w service. One waitress (finally) brings drinks, the other comes up and asks if we want drinks.....with them sitting on the table already....
Obviously she was not paying attention?

Food.......wow......the Tri-fecta of horrid

BAD
STINGY PORTIONS
EXPENSIVE

With the added bonus of:
COLD

Mac & Cheese was listed as a side, and it turned out to be Kraft from a box!
That's a first.....never saw that before.
How cluelessly wrong it is to pass that off to your customers and think they will be OK with that...my gosh.... Just CLOSE the doors NOW.

I got the pork....which was "not too terrible" but there was little of it.
Fries were cold and soggy, KRAFT box mac & cheese....are you kidding??

Girlfriend got ribs......WOW.....they sent the bones out with no meat.
I mean these ribs had almost NO meat on them.
Backed beans......COLD
Cloe Slaw.....tasteless

And it totaled over $30 for 2 of us !

It took forever to be served, and the waitress was obviously not wanting to even be there, so I felt the $2 tip was VERY generous considering the overall
REALLY BAD experience.

How DO they stay open???

2  Thank fred f
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Locks has always been a regular stop for us, especially for the Prime Rib. Lately things have gone downhill in a big way. Last stop for dinner was met with, no Brisket, no Baked Potatoes, no Bacon and no to a dozen more requests. What we got was almost UN-edible. Some black oil soaked potato pieces were being pawned off as French Fries. We asked the waitress WTF these were and she said they were running low and French Fries so served us these instead. REALLY?? We ordered a Burger and fries which were obviously cooked days earlier and Fries and were garbage. My favorite is when we spoke up to the waitress she said "I figured you were happy because you didn't say anything when I brought the food out". That's because we were in shock. No wonder the place is for sale.

3  Thank SecretSanta14424
Reviewed December 22, 2012

If you plan on eating within an hour of getting to a restaurant, don't come here. The service was terrible. Took at least half an hour to get our appetizers and then at least an hour for our meals. Got a blue burger and the blue cheese was rancid. My boyfriend got a Reuben and it was cold. The table next to us ordered pizza and wings and their food took longer than us. Another couple walked in and didn't get asked for drinks for 10-15 minutes. Terrible restaurant! Don't come here. It's a cool place but bad food and worse service! We were here for over two hours! And not by choice...

2  Thank Iittlespoon