Holiday Inn Express Canandaigua - Finger Lakes
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Canandaigua
Buffalo, New York
“Great Stay”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel overnight with some of my girlfriends while attending a local concert. The hotel seemed brand new and the rooms were great. When we asked the front desk about dinner recommendations they were very helpful. The free breakfast in the morning was a nice touch as well. We had a great time and I would DEFINITELY stay here again!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Springville, Utah, United States
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The property is brand-new and immaculate. The staff was very attentive. Our kids loved the indoor pool. The hotel location is in a good location for getting around the Finger Lakes region or the Rochester / Palmyra area. We also drove to Niagara Falls. There are a variety of fast food restaurants very close by, as well as a local movie theater.

1 Thank Russ W
Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Canandaigua this past weekend on an impromptu getaway. The hotel is very new (still smells new) and is very clean. The front desk staff were very helpful choosing local places to eat. This hotel was located along the main business "strip" among several shopping centers which is convenient if you need to run out for a forgotten item from a drug/grocery store. It was also only a 5 minutes drive from Lakeside Drive which was great.

The only downsides to this particular Holiday Inn Express are that the walls are very thin. We could hear the guests in the room next to ours talking in a normal tone of voice. Luckily they were considerate and went to sleep at a decent hour because the noise would have been a problem if they were night owls. The breakfast was the same as all other Holiday Inn Express' we had stayed at before except that the "kitchen" had a difficult time keeping up with the number of guests and there were wait times in excess of 15 minutes for each item to be prepared. As soon as a particular item was placed out, there were so many people waiting that it was gone in a few seconds and then there was again a several minute wait for resupply. We overheard the hotel staffers talking about this issue and it apparently was a lack of sufficient prep area equipment that was the cause of the bottleneck and delays. Hopefully they will remedy this situation through the purchase of additional kitchen prep equipment/staff.

All in all we had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TheSpiels
Farmington, Maine
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I can't comment on the rate because I used a discount coupon for our one night stay, but this Holiday Inn is a gem for an Express! They have a pool, which most Expresses don't. This hotel IS 10 miles off the Thruway but that's because it's at the head of the lake in Canandaigua. It's brand new, the staff is very friendly and accomodating. Breakfast was plentiful and the rooms are just gorgeous! Worth the detour off the highway to me.

Rochester, NY
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I was surprised that, with no other guests at the reception desk, the clerk took over 5 minutes to even provide me a rate. Once we reserved a room, I was disappointed to find a used Q-tip on the floor of the bathroom. This is a new, nicely decorated hotel. I am sure that with a bit more attention to detail, this would be a great stay.

2 Thank TravelingFamily70
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Canandaigua - Finger Lakes, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear TravelingFamily70,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am pleased that you liked our hotel. However, I would like to apologize for the difficulties you had experienced at check-in. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Rochester, New York
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Canandaigua this past week. The Hotel was wonderful. All of the staff that I encountered during my stay were friendly and went out of there way to assist me with everything I needed. The front desk person that checked me in was attentive and very knowledgeable about activities to do and see in the area. The housekeepers were very friendly and did a great job in cleaning my room, actually it was SPOTLESS. I also had the pleasure of meeting Karen, the manager who came over to my table during breakfast to inquire about my stay and thanking me for staying at the property. I travel frequently for work and stay at many different brands of hotels and was surprised to see her stopping at tables during breakfast to talk to the guests. Not something you see very often. Keep up the great work. I look forward to my next stay with you.

Room Tip: There all GREAT!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mallen585
elsa05
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Reserved a one night stay after seeing a 5 star rating on Trip Adviser. When we arrived at the front desk the clerk was on the phone. We waited several minutes while she finished the call, and then answered another call. We were not recognized as Priority Club members. This is a fairly new hotel, but the TV in our room didn't work, nor did one of the bedside lamps. Also, the exhaust fan in the bathroom was extremely loud. The breakfast buffet was the worst we have had in a Holiday Inn Express. The attendant was not in the area, and we had to ask the front desk for food to be replenished. We waited 20 minutes. The orange juice was never refilled.

I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank elsa05
Karen A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Canandaigua - Finger Lakes, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your personal feedback regarding our hotel. It is certainly disappointing to hear that your stay with us was not all that it should have been.

Please be assured that Guest Service is one of our top priorities and we appreciate the loyalty of our Priority Club Members. As a brand new hotel we have just recently corrected the clichés with our new TVs and will immediately address your other concerns. I am sorry that our hot breakfast buffet items did not meet your needs and I will share your comments accordingly as IHG standards often change.

On behalf of myself and entire staff please accept our sincere apologies. I will use your feedback and comments during our next employee training meeting. Without feedback such as yours we cannot improve upon the service we provide to our valued guests.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canandaigua
The Inn on the Lake
#1 of 4 in Farmington
Super 8 Canandaigua
Super 8 Canandaigua
#4 of 12 in Canandaigua

Been to Holiday Inn Express Canandaigua - Finger Lakes? Share your experiences!