“nice and clean”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Canandaigua
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Canandaigua
Reviewed August 3, 2011

quick stop, room was clean, relatively comfy, good price compared to rentals in the area. front desk a little slow... but courteous. would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mary M

Reviewed January 25, 2011

We held the reservation with a credit card, but when we paid our bill we used a different credit card. They charged BOTH of our credit cards! We have written two letters to them and they have not remedies this and that happened four months ago. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Iluv2travel059
Reviewed September 27, 2010

My husband and I stayed here during the nearby Naples Grape Festival and I was pleasantly surprised. I did have my doubts though when we arrived an hour after the check in time of 2:00 and were told by the cleaning staff that we'd have to wait till our room was finished. The cleaning lady apologized, cleaned the room and within about 5 minutes we were in our room with no further problem. I did not notice any post-its in the lobby and the manager was prompt and pleasant. The hallway and our room was fresh smelling and it looked at though everything had gotten a fresh paint job. Our room had a microwave, frig, iron and ironing board, blow dryer and the assortment of soaps, shampoos and conditioner. The room was quiet except for the distant sound of an occasional door shutting to one of the other rooms. The beds were clean and comfortable and they offered free WIFI but I didn't bring my laptop to use it. I felt that the rate was a little high but everything was booked at all the motels due to the grape festival. We didn't eat the continental breakfast but I did notice some of the breakfast offerings when I went to check out. There is no place to sit, just a small counter with a small refrigerator that held milk and juice, coffee, apples, and an assortment of muffins. I think there was some cereal choices as well. I would probably look to see if I could get a better rate at another hotel in the future but overall it was pleasant but basic.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2009

When you walk in the motel, you are greeted with many handwritten signs on the wall and on the door alerting you to various rules and information. That is usually my first indication that they can't even type a sign into a word processor of a poorly run establishment.
Rooms were spartan and cheap, they used plastic mirror hangers on the outside of all pictures to hold them on the wall???
The continental breakfast was my favorite though... coffee with powdered creamer, half drank plastic gallons of milk and orange juice, stale corn flakes and fruit loops...and that's it! Where was the continental in my breakfast I asked? We wound up going to Tim Hortons for a bagel and real cream!
So if you are skiing as we were and you need a cheap place to lay down your head and you don't care about anything else.....then this is the place for you!
Much better choices around the area...

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank longball4
Reviewed August 7, 2008

Room was decent I have to say, but carpet needed cleaning, hotel and room reeked of natural gas and old foundation. The smell was enough to be sick! Breakfast was a joke! Cheap and unhealthy sugar danishes were provided for breakfast along with a few bruised apples and a jug of orange juice that everyone has to open with their hands (no orange juice on tap). I'm not a germaphobic, but I would rather not everyone staying at the hotel put their hands on the neck where the juice is poured from. Staff was less than pleasant. Would not recommend to anyone unless you have no choice to stay there as other hotels are no much more inviting to stay at.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank Ottawa_To_Everywhere
Reviewed August 2, 2008

We called two days before our arrival to book a room. We were quoted a price for the two nights stay. When it came time to check out they charged a higher price.

I confronted the guy behind the desk and he said that it was because there was a convention in town. Do you mean to tell me he didn't know about a convention 2 days prior?

I'll never stay again at a place that ripped me off.

• Stayed: July 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Arrrgh08
Reviewed May 2, 2008

I was down in Canandaigua last year for a bike ride. I just needed a cheap place to stay and found the Red Carpet Inn & Suites. It's on Highway 5&20 just east of the Lowes. It looks only a couple of years old and the room was nice and clean. It had a microwave which was a bonus. The only issue I had is that the ground floor units looked like they were used as apartments not motel rooms. Would I go back, yes if I need only a place to sleep. If I had my parents with me, I would look for a more upscale place.

• Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank Garfield_Cat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canandaigua
Holiday Inn Express Canandaigua - Finger Lakes
#1 of 12 in Canandaigua
Comfort Inn & Suites Farmington - Victor
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victor/Rochester
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Geneva

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Canandaigua? Share your experiences!