“Very good food, but staff lacking attention to detail.”

Nolan's on Canandaigua Lake
Ranked #2 of 105 Restaurants in Canandaigua
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located on the northern shores of Canandaigua Lake, we proudly offer a menu that features Certified Angus Beef, Seafood, and Pasta. Drink selections include Finger Lakes wines, locally brewed beer and locally roasted coffee. At Nolan’s, you will enjoy dining on fine food in a relaxed atmosphere at an affordable price. Voted 2011 “Best New Restaurant” in Ontario County.
Henrietta, New York
“Very good food, but staff lacking attention to detail.”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Having been to Nolan's at their previous location, I was looking forward to dining there again after their move. As expected, lunch was very tasty, but I have to mention some oversights by the staff.

We were not warmly greeted upon arrival. We requested outdoor seating and were told that the patio was full. I had to wonder then why we would be seated at a dark table inside -- when there were open tables in the pleasant sunroom. A burger and fries were delivered promptly for my dining partner, but he had to request ketchup. Our server did not return to check on us until my partner's plate was totally empty. My Cobb salad was very tasty, but the chips on two corners of the square serving bowl were offputting for a restaurant of this caliber. I took half of it home and enjoyed it the next day (but was disappointed that my dressing was not included in the take-home container). We left with the hostess once again, giving us no acknowledgement.

This will not stop me from returning, but I do hope that this is just a temporary training issue.

St. Catharines, Ontario
“Reserve ahead for patio spot!”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

My boyfriend and I were at Canadaigua Lake for the day and ended up at Nolan's for dinner. It was a Sunday and unfortunately, there were no tables available on the patio so we had to eat inside. The patio was very airy and I'm sure would have made the experience better. We both had a steak dinner and it was okay, nothing great but okay. Waitress was nice and attentive.

Canandaigua, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“deep fried pickles are a ripe off”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Ordered deep fried pickles for appetizer , cost $ 7.99 for one pickle cut into 5 slices. Most places you get a basket full. These came in a whine glass come on , your not a five star restaurant in NYC . Other food was good , price not bad.

1 Thank 387BOB
Canandaigua, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Around”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

In my opinion, there is no better place in town than Nolan's. From the top down, the staff goes out of their way to make every experience as customer friendly as possible. The pretty blonde bartender is always smiling and the the little peanut hostess is always as friendly as possible. The owner goes out of his way to visit each and every table to ensure everyone's needs are taken care of. As for the food, you will not have a tastier meal In Canandaigua. The kitchen staff is excellent and dare I say have perfected every thing on their menu.

If it isn't apparent enough already, I give Nolan's my highest recommendation and regards.

1 Thank wheelinandeelin
Mesa, Arizona, United States
“Best Restaurant in Town!”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Great menu! The service was great and the food was fantastic. The flavors were clean and vibrant. The selection wasn't overwhelming but it seemed like there was something for every taste! Wonderful dessert selection especially the cream puff. We went there twice in one week, really appreciated Nolan's after a dinner at another restaurant nearby that wasn't very good at all....totally overrated.