“Delightful dining”
Review of Nolan's on Canandaigua Lake - CLOSED

Nolan's on Canandaigua Lake
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located on the northern shores of Canandaigua Lake, we proudly offer a menu that features Certified Angus Beef, Seafood, and Pasta. Drink selections include Finger Lakes wines, locally brewed beer and locally roasted coffee. At Nolan’s, you will enjoy dining on fine food in a relaxed atmosphere at an affordable price. Voted 2011 “Best New Restaurant” in Ontario County.
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Nolan's isn't right on the lake as I thought it was; there's a busy road between it and the water. Small quibble, though. We arrived on a Wednesday, around 5:15, and the place was already packed! My husband and I happily sat in the attractive bar while waiting for a table and enjoyed well prepared, reasonably priced drinks.
After a short wait, we were led to a table next to a large window overlooking the lake and had excellent service by the waitress and others. The menu offers a good selection, everything priced well. The food came out quickly. My asiago scallops were delicious, but my husband said his pork chop was too salty, as if it had been plumped up by brining.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We had a great experience at Nolan's. Good food, service and atmosphere while enjoying time with good friends. What could be better?

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We had a great experience at Nolan's! My friend and I were on a road trip through the Finger Lakes, and stopped in with no reservations on a Friday night. There was an hour and a half wait for a table, but we were seated right away at the bar, and had a really fun night. Daena and Allie, the bartenders, made us feel right at home and we had a great time chatting with them and watching them work. On Daena's recommendation we got the salmon and the pork chop (which we both agreed was the best thing we had eaten on our trip)-both were excellent, and came with salads that were very nicely prepared. Fantastic location; friendly, fast service; excellent food. Our night was a highlight of our trip. I would definitely come back and would make this a stop on any trip to the region, where really good restaurants can be hard to find.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

After a full day of driving and visiting some of our favorite wineries, we were hungry and wanted a good, fresh meal. After reading some reviews on Trip Advisor, we decided to try Nolan's and we're so glad we did.

It's located on the north shore of Canandaigua Lake in the greater downtown area. As we pulled in, the parking lot was full and we smelled something really good in the air. Usually a good sign.

Even though they were very busy, we were seated immediately in a booth near the kitchen which was fine with us since we were so hungry. Water was brought to our table within a minute and our server stopped by to tell us she'd be by shortly to take our order. And, within a couple of minutes, she returned as promised taking our drink orders, returning quickly with our drinks and then taking our food order.

Dinners included a nice salad and fresh bread. We both got the haddock fish and chips, one fried and one blackened. Both were excellent. The blackened was absolutely outstanding! I don't know how they manage to get such fresh haddock, but it was the best I've ever had. Honestly, the best ever!

So, nice location, great service and wonderful food, all at a very reasonable price. Excellent choice and definitely on our list for a repeat visit during our next trip to the Finger Lakes.

2  Thank HootieToo
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Menu is not innovative, but execution is great. My Delmonico steak was perfectly cooked. The cedar plank salmon was also very well done. The bread they bring to the table was smothered in garlic butter, which in my book is a good thing. We also tried the Texas Pickles (deep-fried pickles), and enjoyed them.