“Great sushi”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Japanese Steak House Opened 2009
Reviewed July 12, 2014

One of favorite places for sushi. They offer all the standard rolls, but their chef specialty rolls are fantastic. Never had a bad meal and the sushi always delights.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

My boyfriend and I ordered hibachi meals and had a wonderful cook who was very nice and entertaining! He was a very skilled cook and the food was amazing! Plus, we got a ton for our money!

Reviewed April 2, 2014

This restaurant opened up about a year and is in a little shopping plaza. I had the dragon fire (if I remember the name correctly) while the people I was with had other offerings. I was able to taste all items and all three were very tasty.
The atmosphere was fine and clean.
It appeared that the person that waited on us had just started and had no idea about specials, etc. From what we could tell they have standard specials and never change the specials board.
We felt very comfortable just chatting and certainly did not feel rushed at all.
Canandaigua is a small city and I consider it fortunate to have a good quality Japanese Steak House and Sushi bar within its limits.
My only negative is that they apparently do very little training of new staff as the waitress seemed to have little idea about the menu and specials. Although her attitude was fine, I certainly did not feel she or the others went out of their way to appreciate our business. I would rate the service just acceptable because of that.

1  Thank James R
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

I love this place, we have NEVER had to wait to be seated no matter what day or time. The staff is so prompt and pleasant. And their sushi is delicious. I've never had their hibachi but I've heard great things.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

While on vacation my wife and I were lucky enough to happen upon Sakura when looking for a place to have dinner. To start the place was busy and yet everyone was still very friendly we sat and had hibachi for dinner the performance was outstanding, the fried rice is to die for. My wife had the shrimp, chicken and filet mignon. I had shrimp, scallops and filet mignon. All were cooked to perfection so much so that my wife enjoyed some scallops which she doesn't normally like at all. If you are looking for a delicious meal and a good laugh I would strongly recommend dining here.