“Excellent skiing in the Finger Lakes of NY”

Bristol Mountain Ski Resort
Ranked #6 of 38 things to do in Canandaigua
More attraction details
Owner description: Bristol Mountain is the premier resort located in the Western Finger Lakes Region of Upstate New York. Our 1200' vertical rise allows Bristol Mountain to reign as the highest vertical between the Adirondack/Laurentian Mountains of the east and the Rocky Mountains of the west. There are 138 acres of total skiable terrain. Views from the summit and the 34 slopes and trails are breathtaking and provide a variety of inclines for every skier and snowboarder from beginner to expert with 32% of the slopes being novice, 50% intermediate, and 18% advanced level terrain. During our night operating season, 96% of our trails have lighting. To assure our skiers and snowboarders of the best possible snow conditions, Bristol Mountain is proud of its state-of-the-art snowmaking system which covers 97% of the terrain.
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I've skied a majority of the mountains in western NY and PA, but hadn't had a chance to get up to Bristol until recently. I was very pleasantly surprised! The runs are longer and steeper than most in western NY, which makes for some challenging lines. Most of these runs are serviced by a high-speed quad which, on a frigid evening, made staying through the night bearable. The terrain is not as variable as some other mountains like, for example, Holiday Valley, but it's also about half the size in terms of runs. For the size, I think they've done a great job.

There are two terrain parks, one that has more of a "beginner" feel and the other which has some pretty big features, including a half-pipe. I don't normally hang out in the terrain parks, but I really enjoyed playing on some of the smaller features. The downside of this area of the mountain is the that lift is super-slow. It took about 15 minutes to get up and then take a run down.

The main lodge seems a little dated, but that didn't take away from the services offered. The food selection was a tad above average for this size of a ski hill, and I was a bit surprised by the availability of some "healthier" options.

Overall, I had a wonderful trip to Bristol and would certainly come up this way again.

There are newer reviews for Bristol Mountain Ski Resort

Reviewed December 30, 2013

My boyfriend and I hadn't skied in about 10 years so we were rusty. We chose Bristol Mountain because of the great selection of green runs to practice on. What a great decision! Although the mountain was icy due to the mild weather, the runs are terrific and great for all skill levels. The night skiing is fantastic! We rented skis, boots and poles and were very happy with the quality.

1  Thank pickeringgal
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Love the place , super skiing place , beautiful crowd , awesome workout , would love to visit again , nice food near finger lake , be careful with the snow on sharp turns.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Local ski area with great snow, grooming and selection of trials for everyone. Overall, very nice ski area....

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Top of the line ski resort Located wine country and Rochester New York. Also has great accomodations

1  Thank Patrick K