“Okay stay at the Super 8”

Super 8 Canandaigua
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Canandaigua
SCARBOROUGH
“Okay stay at the Super 8”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Room was okay but they didn't replace the kleenex, maid didn't clean the bathtub or take the dirty towels that were left in the tub. The room needed to be dusted. The window glass was cracked. The bed spread was crooked and looked askewed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Oswego, New York
Reviewed October 18, 2012

OK,I know it's cheap, so what can you expect? Well, since they advertised "free high speed wifi" that is one thing I expected since I was there on business. Not so much. If you only need to sleep- nothing else- I guess this motel would do. Otherwise- give it a pass. It is set back from the highway, near a car wash and semi-empty strip mall. It seems isolated although you can drive to a wide variety of franchise restaurants. Not a place you would want to take a walk. It is not handicapped accessible- not an issue for me but I noticed the step up to the door right away, and the fact that there is no elevator to the 2nd floor. The foyer is nothing special. They have coffee and tea available, and apparently there is cereal etc. for breakfast. I didn't stay to find out. The real problem arose when I wanted to do work in my room. The wifi was not able to be joined. I called, the front desk said they would reset the router, but it didn't work. As I was here on business I needed the wifi. So I took my laptop to the desk- the clerk told me that the problem was that I had a Mac (new) and an iPhone (5). The system doesn't like Apples, he told me. I asked: Do most people use PC's? Oh no, he replied, lots of people have Apple devices. They just don't work too well. At this point, combined with a pretty bare room- no closet, no refrigerator or microwave- and wondering how I would get my work done, that I cancelled my 2nd night's stay and got another room nearby. On the plus side- my room was clean. I wasn't afraid to sleep in the bed. If all you had to do was sleep (it looked like a lot of construction workers and truckers were there) or didn't need wifi, it would be OK, I guess. Otherwise I say go spend another 20 or 30 bucks and get a decent place.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of bags, ask for a 1st floor room so that you don't have to carry them upstair...