“Enjoyed the Visit”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
“Enjoyed the Visit”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Very tasty and authentic German food - well the preparation anyway. I had the walleye which was very well prepared and tasted very good. Enjoyed a good hefeweizen too, although the heavy ceramic stein may have been overkill. Service was friendly and attentive and very good. Atmosphere was okay.

• Visited July 2014

Acton, Massachusetts
“I'd Wait in the Rain for a Seat Here!”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Family reunion main dinner. Saturday night. Busy resort town. 24 people. Small restaurant. You can't get any better than this restaurant for what we needed. Although the place had (what they said was) a "small" kitchen incident, they remained open for us. There was one small table in the rear serving private friends, who were very graciously enduring our boisterous bunch ranging in age from 11 to 85. We had made our reservation in the Spring, and had pre-ordered our meals, to give the staff a chance to be ready.

Their menu items are listed in traditional German terms, with a full explanation of ingredients. A ++++ for us was their having Gluten-free and kids menus.

Beverage orders were filled quickly, deliciously fresh salads arrived, followed by entree after entree of perfectly prepared German cuisine. The only "negative" comment I heard was, "OOH! I wish I'd ordered THAT!" Desserts were presented, and everyone enjoyed the choices, mostly freshly made in their kitchen,

Their magic at the end was to provide each family group with a perfectly accurate bill, including drinks and dessert. The staff was awarded a standing ovation from the entire family.

For this reviewer, it is a most definite repeat, and I will stand in the rain to wait for a table!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Sue H
Wilmington, Delaware
“Great food”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I haven't had sauerbraten since I visited Germany awhile ago. It was delicious, and was served with spaetzel and red cabbage. My only regret was I couldn't finish it, and couldn't take it with me because we were a long way from home. Not a fancy place, but a comfortable and friendly atmosphere!

1 Thank Linda19810
Honolulu, Hawaii
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My birthday party!”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

The service, Restaurent, and food were excellent! I had a great time with 14 people celebrated my birthday!

New York City, New York
“Great food”
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Went the other night to celebrate my birthday. Party of eight. Food was great except the potato pancakes, which were oily and burnt. Everything else was very good. Service although very friendly was a bit slow.

1 Thank Norman8617