“A Fun Little Motel”
Review of Miami Resort Motel

Miami Resort Motel
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Canandaigua
Reviewed July 31, 2010

We enjoyed our stay at the Miami Motel. As others have noted, the outside should be ignored as it is being renovated. The room was very adequate; the bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean and stylish. The price is why I choose this motel as well as location. Dennis provided a great shuttle ride to CMAC for the concert we were attending. He was a great host! We got all that we paid for and more at the Miami Motel!

Reviewed July 25, 2010

Motel Miami is being revived by its current owners - the units are well-built, very clean and charmingly colourful. This was a reasonably priced option for this beautiful area, and close to everything you'd want. We especially liked that the owners offered a shuttle service to the CMAC performing arts centre which allowed us to have a couple drinks & not worry about driving or parking. Great find! I would like to see a pool next time!

Reviewed July 12, 2010

I Booked a two roomer cause we are three MY wife, a Buddy, and Myself. We arrived in the rain and at night and when first turning in looking thru my rain fogged riding glasses (we're on Harley's) I got flash backs of the Bates Motel.But being the Brave harley rider that I am and seeing I had given them my CC # We decieded to check in. We were checked in by a great Young Lady and found out our room door was behind the building (most are not) but that suited us fine as the Bikes couldn't be seen from the road.The rooms were Large and the BathRoom was huge. The place was spotless, The A/C nice and cold and quite. The only draw back it the second Bedroom is in the main room. The furniture is dated BUT we loved it.. The owners have put a lot a time and I assume $$ into doing the rooms up and a little landscaping will fix up the O/S.... They even have coffee and cake for you in the morning and are a wealth of information about the area.
IF you don't stay here while in town YOU'll pay a min. of Double and not get half the enjoyment. They are also close to RT.90.. So if I never get back to see the sights this Motel will be my place to stay while traveling 90 or 5/20... Thank you Owners and Daughter for a great stay....you will see us again.... Thanks again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2010

This is the 2nd time we have stayed at the Miami Resort Motel. The family summer cottage is on the Lake, but we prefer to stay where there is more privacy and our own bathroom. Their rooms are clean and comfortable and you can't find more hospitable hosts. Valerie is a gem. They really go out of their way to make you feel welcome. This time we brought our small dog (a Coton) and Val welcomed him as well. There was a lot of beautiful grass for him and we, of course, picked up after him. They are still doing some fix-ups on the outside, but have come a long way from when we were there 2 years ago. The rooms were already finished at that time. Would highly recommend!

Reviewed July 10, 2010

After reading the previous reviews, my friend and I decided to give it a go and are so glad we did. Dennis and Val were the perfect hosts, providing a clean and comfortable room for 2 nights. It's a work in progress, but is a cute and funky place. Our room had new carpet, a new bath tub, quiet air conditioning and a new mattress. Don't be afraid to stay here. Good Luck to Dennis and Val with your renovations!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2010

On a vacation to the East Coast, my friend and I stayed two nights at the Miami Hotel in Canandaigua. The motel was built back in the 1950's but has been renovated and updated. The room was clean and had a nice-sized bathroom with all new equipment, fixtures, etc. For reasons really unknown to me, it made me think of "I Love Lucy".....the place is absolutely darling. The owners, Dennis & Valerie Calkins, are WONDERFUL, KIND, NICE, and HELPFUL people. They serve a nice continental breakfast in the mornings as well. If you are looking for a great place to stay while visiting this fabulous city, make sure you stay at the Miami Motel. Also, check out Wegman's grocery store while you are there....what a treat!! The German Restaurant in town, Rheinblick's, is fabulous as well. We also ate at the NY Culinary School---a great meal!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 8, 2010

Checked in and was greated by the super friendly staff. Walked us to our room and handed us the key- can't remember the last time that happened! Inside the room was IMMACULATE and super cozy! Nice fresh linens and plush towels. Colorful and perky decor made the stay even that much nicer! All this for a really low nightly rate! My only comlaint...we couldn't stay longer and check out the other rooms. Can't wait to stay there agian when we're in the area.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canandaigua
The Inn on the Lake
Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn & Suites
Super 8 Canandaigua
Super 8 Canandaigua
#4 of 12 in Canandaigua

Been to Miami Resort Motel? Share your experiences!