“Cute, kitschy, mid-century motel”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Miami Resort Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Canandaigua
Miami Resort Motel
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Canandaigua
“Cute, kitschy, mid-century motel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

Charming little place just off the highway. Very gracious and accommodating hosts Dennis and Valerie. Made my last-minute reservation via telephone. Was called back immediately when there was a mix up with the reservation, which was quickly corrected. Abundant continental breakfast. Very clean room includes microwave and a refrigerator. Very affordable.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ron C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014

A large group of us stayed here because our wedding was just up the road. I've lived in the area my entire life and always thought this would be a lower-end establishment. Living so close, I'd hear someone say that the place had gorgeous rooms but I always though they were joking. We diligently researched the hotel online while looking for a place to stay nearby for ourselves, our families, and some of our other guests. We were seriously impressed with the pictures and reviews and decided to book immediately! We ended up booking many rooms at the hotel and even had people that wanted to stay but couldn't get a room! Some members of our group checked in early and saw one of the staff members outside setting up a bon fire for our group when we returned! I couldn't believe that they did that us. Everyone was insanely impressed. Some had rooms that contained two beds in two separate rooms within the room. We stayed in one of the King Bungalows and loved it. The rooms were immaculate, the beds were comfortable, there were lots of pillows, towels, and soaps available and we even had access to a continental breakfast in the lobby in the morning (which many of us seriously needed after a long night of partying)! TVs were available in each room and we even had one of those digital fireplaces. All the rooms were decorated differently and though some people might be taken aback by the decor and color scheme, we thought it was fun and added to the "Miami" motif. I would absolutely stay here again and will recommend it to anyone coming into the area. To put it simply, the outside looks super sketchy, but the inside is everything you could ever want in a hotel and at this price, it can't be beat. I couldn't imagine staying somewhere else.

2 Thank Jessica R
Tonawanda, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014

All the positive reviews are deserved. Probably the cleanest place I've stayed. The owners go out of their way to make your stay pleasant. Perfect place to stay when visiting the attractions around the lake, We happened to be down for a concert at the CMAC
Don't get me wrong it's an older property, but what it lacks it aesthetics it makes up in value.A nice continental breakfast is provided. Val has plenty of tips for things to do and places to eat. If your not expecting the Ritz but want inexpensive comfortable accommodations, this is the place.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bob M
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

I have stayed at Miami Motel three times in three summers, twice for three weeks, and presently for two weeks. I have fully enjoyed every moment of my stay, largely because of the friendliness of Valerie and Dennis, the owners, but also because the place is spotless. This is despite the additional units under construction. No dirt, and minimal noise only during the day. I love the bountiful and fresh breakfast, on the house. I love my private and peaceful hideaway, with carport and little patio. I have walked to the beach, but then, I like to walk. I LOVE THIS PLACE!

Room Tip: I like off the road, myself, in the back with carport. Just not #17 end of August! That's mine...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Hampton, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

This motel is exactly as many people have said in their reviews. We stayed there on a night when there was a concert going on not too far away. We were a little concerned that it might be noisy. While we never heard anything from the concert, it is slightly noisy from the busy traffic on the road in front of the motel. We also heard a small amount of moving about from the room above us. This is the only thing that kept this motel from being 5 stars to us. Clean, comfortable, great customer service, good breakfast food variety in the morning.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hamburg, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014

Only stayed 1 night in town & chose the miami because of the good reviews. They were true.
the motel is under a bit of remodeling so the curb appeal would make you want to drive by.
The lady owner was very nice,we told her we were going to drink some wine we purchased
@ local wineries & she went out of her way to bring us real wine glasses so we weren't drinking out of plastic. The rooms were very clean & price was right. Wonderful hospitality.

santa cruz, ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

This place is great! From the very clean, very cooly decorated, comfortable rooms to the incredibly friendly, helpful owners/staff to the price, you cannot beat the Miami Motel! It is within 5-10 minutes of Roseland Water Park (small, but fun) and Canadaigua Lake and easy access to shopping. The rooms are retro, freshly painted and decorated. You get a nice continental breakfast included. But the topper is, one of my friends was having a chocoholic attack. She went to the office to see if there was a vending machine (there isn't). Valerie said her husband was the chocoholic, and so sorry, but she didn't have any. About 15 minutes later there was a knock on our door. There was Dennis, her husband, with a bowl full of Dove chocolate. Now that's the kind of service that will bring all of us back to Miami!! Thanks for such a great two night stay!

Room Tip: All the rooms we saw (3 of them) were equally great.
1 Thank robindawn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canandaigua
Holiday Inn Express Canandaigua - Finger Lakes
Super 8 Canandaigua
Super 8 Canandaigua
#5 of 12 in Canandaigua
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Canandaigua

Been to Miami Resort Motel? Share your experiences!