“Don't judge a book by it's cover.”
Review of Miami Resort Motel

Miami Resort Motel
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Canandaigua
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We were greeted with an abundance of cheerfulness.
Clean as a whistle room with decor that brightened our stay.
Gracious, appreciative owners passionate about their business.
An experience beyond that of any chain lodging.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Aimee T

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I was in town for a friends wedding at Bristol Harbor, and was very lucky to come across this place!

First off, nothing comes close to the price, and my girlfriend and I were leaning towards a bed and breakfast, but I must say this was ten times better... we had a queen jacuzzi room that had its own miami theme.

The owners were so friendly and called me out by name for my entire stay after check in.

Late night and thirsty bottles of water were provided... so kind

And they mentioned that in the morning there will be a 'small' breakfast... THEY HAD EVERYTHING!!! we had more than our fill for breakfast....

If I am ever in the neighborhood, this is where I will be staying

1  Thank travelerZ1979
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We visit the Finger Lakes area several times per year and have always passed by this place without any consideration. We have always stayed at big chain hotels, but after seeing the reviews here on tripadvisor, we just had to try it. When I called to book a room, the woman at the front desk was remarkably friendly and helpful. The couple who checked us in could not have been more lovely. The man personally walked us to our bungalow and gave us a little tour. We could not believe the value of our charming, unique room! It was cleaner, friendlier-staffed, and more comfortable than any other hotel in which I have stayed in NY. It felt quite decadent for the price. The jacuzzi tub was fantastic and was set in a good-sized, tiled spa area. We were able to swivel our flat screen TV around and watch TV while relaxing in the jacuzzi or in the huge soft bed. I thought the outside lights or maybe noise from the highway/other rooms would be a nuisance, but it was a non-issue. I did not hear a thing from anywhere outside of our bungalow, which is amazing compared to most hotels. I challenge anyone to find a better value in this area. We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We stayed in the King Jacuzzi Bungalow room and we will request this room again!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ZQuad
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We booked this motel based on Tripadvisor reviews,, although with some trepidation. We arrived much later then expected after a long and difficult journey and received a very warm welcome, which immediately allayed our concerns. It was dark, so we could not see the outside and so were not out off by it as other guests seems to have been. We had booked two double queen rooms, mistakenly thinking that that meant they had large beds. In fact we were amazed to find that we had two queen size beds, one in a self contained bedroom, the other in a bedroom/sitting room, as well as a small kitchen with fridge and microwave and a large bathroom. The beds were very comfortable, everything was spotlessly clean, there was a flat screen TV in each of the rooms, and a pile of fluffy, white towels. In the morning there was tea, coffee, rolls, chocolate biscotti and fruit freely available in reception.
We were touring Canada and the US and could not believe how little we had paid in comparison with everywhere else we had booked. The motel is near a main road, but not right on it, and the traffic did not bother us at all. Yes, you do need a car to get into town, but that is what you would expect in a motel, and the outside did not bother us at all. There seemed to be lots to see and do in the area and it would make a great base for a holiday for a family or a couple. We were sorry we could not have stayed longer

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Even though we half expected upgraded accommodation at the motel (info shared on the trip advisor community pages), we weren't prepared for the beautiful interior of the rooms. We had a king "bungalow" complete with a corner jacuzzi tub and a regular bathroom also. Microwave and fridge, complete this scenario, so that you could be completely self sufficient. Gorgeous accessories and wall mounted fireplace and flat screen tv, make you believe that you are in a top notch hotel room. Clean, clean, clean. Owners provide a lovely continental breakfast that you can bring back to your sumptious rooms. The outside of the motel is somewhat a disapointment however, but I understand the owners are renovating the interior before the exterior. Also wasn't overly impressed with the surrounding area. Certainly need a vehicle to get to the downtown core easily.

1  Thank luckyme60
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I saw the many TripAdvisor reviews and wanted to try something different from the usual hotels/motels I have stayed at in the past. The outside of this motel was a little rough and reminded me of a bygone area of a 50s style motel before the advent of the interstate highway system. I pulled up and I took a deep breath and entered the room not knowing what I would really find. I was pleasantly surprised! Even though the basic structure was that of a old motel (low ceilings) the place was spotless and comfortable. I rented a room with a whirlpool tub and again the tub was clean with and an ample supply of plush towels. A "mini" breakfast was available at the office which included coffee, donuts and fruit. The owners of this motel couldn't have been more helpful and friendly. I have stayed at many chain hotels across the country and this little 50's style motel beat them hands down on price, cleanliness and value.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Most people would just drive by because the driveway is not paved and it looks run down. But the inside is nice. We got a two bedroom suite with a nice modern bathroom, a microwave and refrig. plus an area to sit. Large TV in the room too. Very clean. The owners are terrific people. They serve a great breakfast with bagels, fruit, coffee, tea, muffins, etc. and it is very tasty. You can't go wrong with the price either. You'd be paying double at another hotel. We stayed for 4 days and thoroughly enjoyed it. Close to many attractions. Will definitely come again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canandaigua
The Inn on the Lake
Best Western Plus Vineyard Inn & Suites
Super 8 Canandaigua
Super 8 Canandaigua
#4 of 12 in Canandaigua

Been to Miami Resort Motel? Share your experiences!