Window Box Guest House B&B
$131
Orbitz.com
$98
$89
Lake N Pines Motel(Cooperstown)
$135
$125
Travelocity
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 3, 2010

Stayed here on a Saturday evening to attend an opera at Glimmerglass and will definitively
go back next year. It was on our way, coming from NYC, just off 1-90, a charming inn decorated in very good taste with expensive linen. Our hosts were very friendly and even lent my huisband a belt for the evening as he forgot to bring one. Breakfast was very copious and delicious. We went for a bike ride, right behind the property, on the Erie Canal bike Trail.
The area is quite depressed as the main employer Beechnut recently closed their plant. $110 +tax

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank liliane757575
Reviewed July 17, 2010

I can't think of a thing to improve. Now on my return trip from a 13 day road trip through NY and New England, the drive through the Mohawk Valley was enjoyable and informative as I stopped along the way to stretch and to read the historic plaques. I appreciated being greeted as I pulled into the driveway of the Window Box. Tom and Pat are attentive but not doting. The room, I agree with Isleworth, UK, is beautiful and, with a view of the Arkell estate and gardens right across the street, "could not be beat(en)" The furnishings are beautiful and the four poster bed, a little high but totally cozy had me feeling like a princess. The full bath is squeaky clean and top of the line.

A big basket of local attractions brochures and restaurant menus in the front hallway was helpful and Pat helped me narrow down my evening meal choice - a hankering for something messy landed me with a big "mess o' wings" from a take out place just up the road in Palatine. They were great!

You have access to a wonderful breakfast room and kitchen area and a choice of coffees, and not your average hotel coffee maker! YUM! A little morning conversation over breakfast helped me refine my Canojaharie destinations before heading out on the road again. Only later did I put together (from the morning conversation) that Tom most likely MADE that beautiful basket, as he had made others in the B&B.

There is so much to see and do here - Wintergreen Park is just up the road and has a beautiful falls. I sadly did not get to the Arkell Museum but had opportunity to meet the exhibit "preparator" as he was staying at the Window Box at the same time. I love hearing how people combine their various skill sets and create their careers Tom, Pat and Christopher certainly satisfied that interest. Thank you Tom and Pat - I do hope to return some day. While I am a solo traveler, and it more than met my needs, I would recommend the Window Box as a romantic getaway as well.

Leaving the Window Box and Canajoharie, and heading west, I took a minor detour and explored the beautiful Chittenango Falls. My car had a minor encounter with a baby deer coming out of the falls though reminding me, and I you - it is beautiful - but be alert.
As always I thank you Trip Advisor reviewers. I'm an "off the beaten path" traveler and come here first for your experiences.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank cooki56
Reviewed July 2, 2008

I stayed at the Window Box Guest House for one night and it was great! The Innkeeper was incredibly nice and helpful and the breakfast was delicious! The B&B was beautiful both inside and out and the room was spacious yet cozy. All around, I found this to be a great B&B.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank Trips8
Reviewed March 14, 2008

The owners could not have been nicer. There were three in my p arty, and we used two bedrooms. Both beautifully done. This B&B made our visit to Canajoharie even more special.

• Stayed: August 2004, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank cclarke104
Reviewed April 18, 2006

I spent 4 nights at the Window Box Guest House in Canajoharie whilst visiting friends in the area and the accomodation is 5*star. The Guest House is on a very quiet road over looking Arkell House and gardens. The rooms are so nice, it is really is "just like a home away from home".
I had the downstairs room which was well laid out with lots of nice antique furniture including a writing bureau, large hand-made wardrobe, rocking chair and a very large 4 poster bed.
There is a kitchen and a breakfast room availble for you to use for coffee etc.
The Tom & Pat Grainer who run the Guest House were so nice they made you feel you were staying new friends.

The area does have a few sights including Wintergreen Park with a large Waterfall, the boiling pot (how the village got it's name) and not fogetting the famous Dummy Traffic Light, visitors booth and the famous Beech Nut Factory.
please google the Window Box Guest House and Canajoharie to find out more...

4  Thank lardiearse