“Homemade!”

Cuisines: Italian
Seminole, Florida
“Homemade!”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Delicious homemade Italian food in a delightful NY town! We chose the evening's special which included wine. My partner heard about the stuffed peppers which weren't on the menu but were happily served on request.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank FLgirl06

Ontario Canada
“After discovering this gem for dinner - went back for 2 meals the next day!!”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Wonderful italian food - freshly prepared, home cooked with excellent value. The veal piccata was delicious - we could hear the owner in the back pounding the veal with a mallet :) All six guests in our party enjoyed their varied dinners tremendously (fish, pasta, salads). We literally went back the next day for lunch, and then again for dinner!!

Visited October 2012
2 Thank getawaygirl55
Mohawk Valley
“Tired Italian-esque needs some sparkle”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

This is the kind of restaurant that I'd really like to be enthusiastic about since the owner tries so hard to be accomodating and welcoming. But, the food is uninspired although decent. The very modest prices make it worthwhile for an occasional visit. Some dinners for two with bottle of wine for just under $30 can be a real bargain for a low budget date night. The decor is faded and dark. Some brighter lighting would be helpful. Also, the wait staff seems to be constantly changing, dress horribly and never have the hint of a distinctive T-shirt or other uniform item to set them apart from diners. The kitchen is a one person operation and that can be a real problem when the restaurant gets busy on a weekend night. Also not helpful when owner appears at front end with a soiled apron. The menu never changes and has become tiresome. Some fresh additions with some new menu items would make me want to return. My thought is that this is the kind of restaurant that could use a facelift and menu change from someplace such as the "Restaurant Impossible" show. I realize this review seems negative but I've dined at Mercatos on many occasions and am always relaxed when I'm there by the adeqaute food and attentive owner, cook. Just wish some changes could be made to make me enthusiastic.

• Visited August 2012