“Had a great stay!”

Berkshire Travel Lodge
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed here in august when i was going to tanglewood. The motel is very close to it which is always a plus! I stayed in a double queen bed room and i have no complaints! The bathroom was clean and the room had everything i needed in general. The motel provides breakfast with bagels, donuts and delicious coffee! Its right off the highway so i recommend people to stay who are passing by looking for a motel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank sam l

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Was in this location on a job with my crew so I had reserved two rooms. Just needed basic clean rooms. Both rooms smelled of urine and feces! Both rooms were very dirty. It was so bad that the crew stated they would rather sleep in the truck. When to front desk to state how bad it all was and that we would not be staying. He did not seem surprised stated he understood. However, I was charged for both rooms. When I called to discuss with the manager he stated it was my decision to leave and too bad. This place needs to be reported to the Board of Health. DON'T STAY HERE! DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND CHECK OTHER SITES FOR REVIEWS!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank John K
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I read through all of the reviews while making my decision to stay here. I asked for a renovated room and I can say that it was a great experience. Stayed two nights during the Fourth week. Room was beautiful, spacious and clean...looked like a much pricier hotel room. They have done a great job updating. The bathroom was roomy and completely new with a very nice shower-head, better than some big chain hotels I've stayed in recently. The only thing of note for me was that the mattress had a little bit of a musty smell. I brought my own pillows from home so it didn't bother me too much. The coffee was delicious, bagels & donuts were standard grocery store, from a package. This is a Motel and you can expect a top-notch Motel experience, no fancy sheets or fancy breakfast offered. The view is spectacular. It does overlook the highway but the door was very heavy; between that & the AC fan running, I didn't hear the traffic. In addition the train does runs by. I heard it once at 11:30pm and once at 8:30am which did not interfere with my sleep at all.. Overall it was a great experience and I would definitely stay there again if needed.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed at the Berkshire Travel Lodge 2 days ago and was happy i chose to stay there. It was money well spent because the rooms are clean, including the bathroom. In the morning they provide breakfast. The coffee is better then gas station coffee, it's very rich. I didn't listen to the other bad reviews because they are 2-4 years old, since then the property was bought by a different owner and was completely renovated. The old owner was the reason for the bad reviews.
The landscaping at the property is beautiful, flowers everywhere and very nicely decorated by the pool. Very nice mountain views, especially in the fall and summer.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tiffany A
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was nervous booking this room for 2 nights after reading other reviews but decided to take a chance and was happy I did. Our room, with a king sized bed, was completely renovated. The bed was comfortable and the room was immaculate. The bathroom was a little small but very clean. The shower stall would be considered small by today's standards but was fine for us. If you are a larger person you might have some difficulty. My husband and l will definitely stay here again as it was an excellent value.

Room Tip: Renovations are in progress so asked for an updated room
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Non smoking room but smelled of mold and smoke
Fridge was dirty
Bathroom was so tiny, no tub
Carpet was heavily stained
Walls were stained, paint chipped and cracked
Very much in need of maintenance
I expected much more for $100

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We made a late stop here around 11 pm. The office staff was very friendly and accommodating. They told us about the continental breakfast that would be available in the morning. Our room was comfortable and clean, and it had a small refridgerator. The motel is just off the NYS thruway, but we didn't hear any road noise (we were on the ground floor). I would recommend this place if you are looking for a place to stay between Albany, NY and Springfield, Mass.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canaan
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Yankee Inn
Yankee Inn
#5 of 16 in Lenox
Hampton Inn & Suites Berkshires-Lenox
Hilton Garden Inn Lenox Pittsfield
Pleasant Valley Motel West Stockbridge
Pleasant Valley Motel West Stock...
#1 of 1 in West Stockbridge
Days Inn - Lenox MA
Days Inn - Lenox MA
#13 of 16 in Lenox

Been to Berkshire Travel Lodge? Share your experiences!