“Highly recommended.”

Berkshire Travel Lodge
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed at the Berkshire Travel Lodge 2 days ago and was happy i chose to stay there. It was money well spent because the rooms are clean, including the bathroom. In the morning they provide breakfast. The coffee is better then gas station coffee, it's very rich. I didn't listen to the other bad reviews because they are 2-4 years old, since then the property was bought by a different owner and was completely renovated. The old owner was the reason for the bad reviews.
The landscaping at the property is beautiful, flowers everywhere and very nicely decorated by the pool. Very nice mountain views, especially in the fall and summer.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tiffany A
There are newer reviews for Berkshire Travel Lodge

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was nervous booking this room for 2 nights after reading other reviews but decided to take a chance and was happy I did. Our room, with a king sized bed, was completely renovated. The bed was comfortable and the room was immaculate. The bathroom was a little small but very clean. The shower stall would be considered small by today's standards but was fine for us. If you are a larger person you might have some difficulty. My husband and l will definitely stay here again as it was an excellent value.

Room Tip: Renovations are in progress so asked for an updated room
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Non smoking room but smelled of mold and smoke
Fridge was dirty
Bathroom was so tiny, no tub
Carpet was heavily stained
Walls were stained, paint chipped and cracked
Very much in need of maintenance
I expected much more for $100

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We made a late stop here around 11 pm. The office staff was very friendly and accommodating. They told us about the continental breakfast that would be available in the morning. Our room was comfortable and clean, and it had a small refridgerator. The motel is just off the NYS thruway, but we didn't hear any road noise (we were on the ground floor). I would recommend this place if you are looking for a place to stay between Albany, NY and Springfield, Mass.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2012

This is the worst place I have ever stayed. The train runs by the motel, there were no towel racks in the bathroom, the room needs some serious attention. I would not touch the floor with my feet, I did not take a shower, I barely touched the bedspread. I got out of there early in the morning.

It is run-down. Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tonitony
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My stay at the Berkshire Travel Lodge was a puzzling experience. There were a number of positives: they had vacancy on short notice, they appeared to charge us less than their online rate, there were two beds in the room when we expected one along with a fridge and microwave, and the location was very convenient to other Berkshire area destinations. There was a not particularly varied but passable continental breakfast in the morning that we were able to enjoy on an only slightly damp picnic table overlooking the mountains. Now, the puzzling parts - our room smelled damp, as if our convenient room fridge was leaking. Our bathroom seemed to have more bugs in it than your average campsite bathroom, which included a particularly scary looking daddy long legs that seemed to be living there long term. When my friend opened the cabinet under the bathroom sink, there were about a dozen empty beer can bottles, several empty mike's hard lemonade type drinks, half a bottle of really low-brow vodka, and two full cans of cheap beer waiting for us. Sure, this could be considered a mini-bar, but in general, I'd prefer my room to come vodka-less, and empty-beer-can-less. I forgot my pillow at the Berkshire Travel Lodge, but honestly, the place has me a bit freaked out, and I do not think I will be going back to retrieve it. We did leave a note for our housekeeper to let her know to check for all the empties that the previous room's inhabitants. I don't think I will be returning to the Berkshire Travel Lodge. I don't like knowing so much about what people (likely, teenagers) did in my room before I came. It is disheartening to think the room was cleaned so inefficiently that the bathroom wasn't checked for bugs or beers. The Berkshire Travel Lodge is convenient, and inexpensive, but I have stayed at hostels and etc that have been cleaner and less creepy.

Room Tip: I wouldn't choose a room behind the stairs. In general, the rooms with king sized beds looked cl...
Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jenna H
Reviewed April 7, 2012

My son and I arrived here late one night while on a tour of colleges. We were between Ithaca and Boston. The beds were fine and we both slept well. The next morning we continued along Hiway 102 to a small diner in West Stockbridge, which was convenient to get back on the turnpike.

The really positive thing about our stay was that after we left something in the room, the owner very kindly mailed it to us at no charge.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canaan
Black Swan Inn Berkshires, an Ascend Collection Hotel
Yankee Inn
Yankee Inn
#5 of 16 in Lenox
Hampton Inn & Suites Berkshires-Lenox
Pleasant Valley Motel West Stockbridge
Pleasant Valley Motel West Stock...
#1 of 1 in West Stockbridge
Days Inn - Lenox MA
Days Inn - Lenox MA
#13 of 16 in Lenox
Inn at Silver Maple Farm
Inn at Silver Maple Farm
#1 of 2 in East Chatham

Been to Berkshire Travel Lodge? Share your experiences!